[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wreck in front of my wife's store

polksalet

If that is true or even anywhere close that is crazy that the city/township or whatever has done nothing about this. I would think a law suit will be comeing soon.

The city has been trying to correct it and actually has to some degree but it is on a major US highway and its harder dealing with feds and state hwy dept.

The city has been trying to correct it and actually has to some degree but it is on a major US highway and its harder dealing with feds and state hwy dept.

Usually with US routes, you need to deal with the state only unless federal funds are involved, as their main purpose nowadays is to serve route continuity between states. Some states treat them as more major than other states do.

Usually with US routes, you need to deal with the state only unless federal funds are involved, as their main purpose nowadays is to serve route continuity between states. Some states treat them as more major than other states do.

That particular stretch is part of the NAFTA super road they are building to connect MX and Canada. Its a nightmare to deal with.

Edited by polksalet

That particular stretch is part of the NAFTA super road they are building to connect MX and Canada. Its a nightmare to deal with.

Isn't a planned expansion of I-69 to both borders supposed to do that, or is this an interim?

Isn't a planned expansion of I-69 to both borders supposed to do that, or is this an interim?

I really don't know but the slab on that sucker is (if I recall correctly) 20".

:wacko: Even the slabs on the Chicago freeways are 12" thick.

When we built it the specs were to hold (once again the best I recall) 150k lb trucks. I wish I could remember the subgrade specs. The whole thing is outrageous. I'll make some pics of the bridges sometime, they are also unreal.