[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baby Boomers

CaP'N GRuNGe

Of course it is. Take ursa, for example... :wacko:

Except I never went crazy on credit. Way too broad a brush used in that article.

Also, we keep hearing about Japan "not growing for two decades".......so what? What really are the ramifications of an economy that doesn't grow but does sustain?

Except I never went crazy on credit. Way too broad a brush used in that article.

Also, we keep hearing about Japan "not growing for two decades".......so what? What really are the ramifications of an economy that doesn't grow but does sustain?

That was more about ragging on you than blaming. :duckscane:

There is probably some truth to that, but plent of exceptions too. My folks beling to that age group and are very fiscally responsible.

I would argue that the 'Boomer's kids abuse credit at a far higher rate than their parents. And the next generation is even worse. I read recently that the average college grad leaves school with almost $5k in consumer debt. :wacko:

I am profoundly happy to say that my wife and I are finally free of cc debt. :D A modest mortgage and modest car loans (only for a while longer) is all we'll ever have. :D

That was more about ragging on you than blaming. :duckscane:

Yeah, I know, but it's true that a very significant number of the baby boomers will likely have no need of social security. Of course, the fact that it's set up in such a way that those same boomers that don't need it would be idiots not to use it is neither here nor there.

Am I the only person who sees this article or this 'age wave theory' (not to be confused with my EWT, of course) as flawed? First of all, the 2 largest 'bulges' aren't even baby boomers, they are people entering the prime of their careers. Secondly, the entire age range underneath the mean is pretty constant and should make the transition hardly noticeable. The baby boomer retirees will have little effect on the market or economy, IMO. What a whack ass article.

We always hear in politics " look at the debt you are leaving to your kids and grandkids" or "look at the shape you will be leaving the country in"...

I think those following the boomers are in the process of finding out just how little they do care and how much it will be about "I got mine". Not blaming the thought process of the boomers retiring, just don't piss on me and tell me it's only a little rain.