[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

8 banks closed on Friday, Goldman Sachs charged with fraud

Avernus

A business, for the most part, is forcing no one to buy their product. You have no choice with Gubment. Can I opt out of this crap?

Great point. Nobody forced anyone to deal with Enron, nobody forced anyone to buy stock in Enron. We are forced to deal our government, and a small majority is still forced to buy stock in it.

Great point. Nobody forced anyone to deal with Enron, nobody forced anyone to buy stock in Enron. We are forced to deal our government, and a small majority is still forced to buy stock in it.

but these companies fund campaigns and such within the government and are also bailed out by them....

hand-in-hand...

but these companies fund campaigns and such within the government and are also bailed out by them....

hand-in-hand...

Anyone who doesn't think the bailouts were a criminal act by our Government and subscribes to the "too big to fail theory" needs their head examined. The stupidity is strong in them.

Anyone who doesn't think the bailouts were a criminal act by our Government and subscribes to the "too big to fail theory" needs their head examined. The stupidity is strong in them.

nobody is arguing that...but big business is one in the same with government....ala Walmart....

this would exclude owners like twiley, keggerz, perch and detlef as was mentioned earlier...

Dumb Frenchie: Did you see the market when Lehman Bros failed? What would've happened if others were allowed to fail?

Smart guy: Capitalism. Someone would've moved in and filled the void instead of throwing billions at them and keeping the crooks in there.

Why we don't overthrow Wall Street is beyond me. I'd love to lick the tears off that crook Geithner's face when he is dragged from the White House nekkid in handcuffs on charges of treason. Can anyone on the planet defend Geithner's actions? Hell no...the man is a common thief at best and a traitor to America at worst. And Paulson should be right beside him in a black thong and a wallet full of crooked money.

America deserves to fail with the stupidity of the past few years by it's leaders.

Edited by TimC

You're really getting ridiculous about this. First of all, your wonderful fedgov created the biggest ponzie scheme the world will ever see, and then force your "contributions" at the barrel of a gun. I'd bet all the crap over the last three years isn't 10% of the social security fiasco. Then, to top it off, these same a-holes raided the fund ad infinitum to buy more votes and increase their power. This has caused the solvency issues and people who were promised something they are counting on might not get it and the program will probably need to be turned into welfare to save it.

You're painting with a broad damn brush with respect to the business owners too. 90%+ are people like twiley, keggerz, perch, detlef and then guy who gives you a job. They're honest, hardworking and believe in giving their customer a product or service that exceeds expectations. The more I read about this, the more I think the repeal of Glass-Steagle could be the primary culprit here.

How you can have enough brass balls to accuse ME of painting with a broad brush defies description. You never use anything else when it comes to your favorite hobbyhorse. Talk about f'n chutzpah. :wacko:

Enron....Worldcom.....Goldman Sachs.....Madoff.....Petters.....Stanford.....Toyota.....Adelphia...

.Global Crossing.....Tycom.....Halliburton.....Qwest.....

How ironic that you accuse SS of being a Ponzi scheme. Ponzi was, after all, a businessman not a politician.