[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Modern Warfare 3

Scooby's Hubby

Below is copied from mw2 Wiki - Looks like a new map pack for mw2 will be released for PS3 in May and that they also started working on Modern Warfare 3 this April. I have to admit I am hooked on mw2.....

Sequel Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was confirmed to be in pre-production on April 9th, 2010.

Maps In Stimulus Map pack (1200 MS Points)

The “Stimulus Package”, released March 30 for Xbox 360, and set for release on May 4 for PlayStation 3 and PC players, is a map pack contains five total maps: three new battlegrounds, and two returning fan-favorites from the original Modern Warfare.

Bailout: A large map that features apartment buildings, houses, and parking lots. This map features various styles of fighting, from close-quarters in the buildings to long range firefights outdoors.

Storm: A large, two-storied warehouse with an industrial park outdoors and an intense storm.

Salvage: An outdoor map that features a junkyard, and two buildings.

Crash: A fan-favourite from Call of Duty 4, featuring many small buildings, streets and sniping positions.

Overgrown: A wide, open map with lots of vegetation and cover. It is a favourite of players (especially snipers) of Call of Duty 4.

Yeah, I'm waiting on the new maps for PS3 as well. Some of my co-workers have them on X-Box already and say they're pretty cool. I think they're like $15 for X-Box so I'm sure they're gonna be about the same for PS3. MW3? I cannot even imagine how cool that is gonna be.

Traded in my copy a few weeks ago. The main reason for me to have the game is online play, and I think they took a massive step back with this release. Some of the guns are insanely stupid, as is the akimbo perk. If they'd just do away with all of the perks and have an actualy warfare game without duel weilding 1800 era shotguns blowing everything up...

yeah, there are a few perks I could do without, although there is a fair give and take between what you choose. Last Stand is a little rediculous and it seems like Danger Close is not enough. I am definately ready for some new maps, these are getting old. Trying to master some of the other online games but 'free for all' is still the best. And I love the killstreak rewards.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I'll probably drop the $15 for the DLC on May 4th or so. I've got a few college buddies who play COD and I've definitely gotten my miles out of the game. The perks do give you more to "look forward to" but it get's to be a little ridiculous. I've put in quite a few hours and there are still some things I'd like to try, but it's not enough motive for me to spend days playing with nothing but a Magnum revolver to get the 50 kills necessary just to see if the tactical knife option is fun. :wacko:

Great game, but there are still several problems:

-Spawn system is out of whack

-Too much emphasis on killstreak rewards

-One man army + danger close + noob tube kits are ruining the game (akimbo 1887s were the same way before they were nerfed)

-Tactical insertion should be removed in free-for-all to limit nuke boosters

/rant :wacko: