[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson Trade Advice

usmcsae

I am in a 12 team keeper and we keep 4 players. This is performance league; no-PPR and has team def/special teams. My current keepers are AP, Michael Turner, Randy Moss and Philip Rivers. I have an opportunity to trade AP and need HELP deciding. I have Turner because I traded my 1st and 3rd round draft picks for this year. I can probably get Beannie Wells and two first round draft picks (picks 7 and 8). With no trade my first pick would be pick 18.

I am in a 12 team keeper and we keep 4 players. This is performance league; no-PPR and has team def/special teams. My current keepers are AP, Michael Turner, Randy Moss and Philip Rivers. I have an opportunity to trade AP and need HELP deciding. I have Turner because I traded my 1st and 3rd round draft picks for this year. I can probably get Beannie Wells and two first round draft picks (picks 7 and 8). With no trade my first pick would be pick 18.

Why would you even consider trading AP ?

You already have 4 studs on your roster all you need to do is fill in with half way decent players.

Unless there is something about your league I don't understand it makes no sense to trade AP for anything.

No matter what picks you get your only getting the 54th and 55th best players at 1.07 and 1.08 which = 5th round players.

If I am in a redraft league and someone offered me 2 5th round picks and Wells for Peterson I tell them to go pound salt.

Stick with what you have and just draft with your picks.

Why would you even consider trading AP ?

You already have 4 studs on your roster all you need to do is fill in with half way decent players.

Agreed. The only way you trade AP is if you get a 2-for-1 - but your keepers suggest that's not necessary. If your WR was DHB or something, sure, trade AP for Mendenhall and Colston, for example, but you have 4 quality keepers already. No need to water it down any and I don't see the value in the draft picks.

The way I approach any keeper league is to mock it out, pretending it's not a keeper::

1st - AP

2nd - Turner

3rd - Moss

4th - Rivers

this is where your draft starts

5th - forfeit

6th - open

7th - forfeit

That's a pretty ludicrous 4 rounds from any draft position, and could easily be looked at as "I traded my 5th and 7th rounders to move up from 2nd round to late 1st and get Turner" - which is still a complete bargain. Pulling Moss in the 3rd of a 12 man draft is hugh and Rivers in the 4th is nice value as well. The trade suggested now looks like Wells (4th rounder or so) and 2 5th rounders for AP - something I highly doubt will make up for the points you sacrifice on paper with AP.

The only situation I do this in is if you get a near-stud keeper to replace AP (Mendenhall/Gore or so) AND there's someone not being kept that provides stronger value at the 1st (5th) rounder available - what does the non-keeper landscape look like? Is a guy like Colston or Greg Jennings potentially in the draft pool AND within reach of the pick you would get?

Edited by flemingd