[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need help correlating auction value with ADP

degenerate

we all know as the season gets closer, ADP's are going to change. i'm looking for help with adjusting auction values based on these ADP changes. should i just let fantasy web sites update auction lists for me or is there a way to calculate a new auction value myself based on a player's ADP change? for example, i'm not sure if a change from 2.05 to 2.01 would increase that player's value by a certain $ amount or does it really even matter since auctions are so unpredictable? How much does ADP come into play when fantasy sites come up with auction value lists? what's the correlation, if any?

The Huddle posts an excellent auction-based cheat sheet each year. I don't know if he correlates it to ADP or not but it's a solid chart of "likely" auction value for players. It's represented as a percentage of total auction pool available, since obviously someone is going to go for more in a $200 auction than in a $50. You can see last year's at http://www.thehuddle.com/x9/pre/cs-auc12.php for 12 man and http://www.thehuddle.com/cheat_sheets.php for all cheat sheets if you are a Huddle member. If not, get on it, best 25 bucks you'll ever spend.

One way to calculate auction values is to do a projected points in your own opinion of the approximate point total you project the player to have and then to attach a dollar value to the player based on your projections. A way to kind of simplify the process is to do a breakdown of what you expect to spend on each position, Ten percent for QB's, Fourty percent for RB's, Thirty percent for wide receivers and Twenty percent for TE, Def/ST, Kicker and bench. Those numbers are not set in stone, just something you can use as a guideline.

One way to calculate auction values is to do a projected points in your own opinion of the approximate point total you project the player to have and then to attach a dollar value to the player based on your projections. A way to kind of simplify the process is to do a breakdown of what you expect to spend on each position, Ten percent for QB's, Fourty percent for RB's, Thirty percent for wide receivers and Twenty percent for TE, Def/ST, Kicker and bench. Those numbers are not set in stone, just something you can use as a guideline.

Pretty good info here. This is why auction drafts are so much more complex (and fun). :wacko:

i wouldnt put to much emphasis on ADP...its just an indicator of who people are drafting and at what spot...people love drafting homer picks which scquies ADP

INSTEAD focus on player rankings from various outlets between now and your draft...that will show you talent measurements rather than sleepers going 30 picks too early or some joker taking Joe Flacco in the first round.