[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i have discovered the newest form of torture

dmarc117

crutches

:wacko:

They suck!!!

After I tore my Achilles I had to go to NYC in Feb for a job interview w. a group up there. While I was up there came the worst snow they had had in years. I'm on a street corner on my cell, have it tucked between my shoulder and ear while I have both hands on the crutches. The phone falls from my shoulder and lands in a pile of snow on the side of the road that is about four feet tall (luckily it was relatively hard packed so it only sank in about half a foot. Some dude that was walking by saw it happen and simply said "good move, jack ass." Gottat love New Yorkers.

They suck!!!

After I tore my Achilles I had to go to NYC in Feb for a job interview w. a group up there. While I was up there came the worst snow they had had in years. I'm on a street corner on my cell, have it tucked between my shoulder and ear while I have both hands on the crutches. The phone falls from my shoulder and lands in a pile of snow on the side of the road that is about four feet tall (luckily it was relatively hard packed so it only sank in about half a foot. Some dude that was walking by saw it happen and simply said "good move, jack ass." Gottat love New Yorkers.

same injury here. had surgery last tuesday. no pain in the heel, just the crutches madness. everything is a workout! cant imagine doing them in the snow.

a 24hr yoga class.

They suck!!!

Good move jackass

The NYer in me had to

The Georgian in me about whacked him in the back of the F'ing head with a crutch. You know, kinda like how we almost saved Atlanta from being over run by the Yankees.

i just discovered the second best form of torture.........

a walking cast

:wacko:

lol.

Be happy, my Dr. didn't call me back to have my cast changed... So I went to my appointment to get the walking cast put on after 3 or 4 months, I guess it was. Well I get there, the nurse cuts the cast off, looks down with an odd look on her face and says, "I'll be right back". The Dr. comes in looks at my ankle, looks up at me, and says 'Why didn't you come in to have the cast removed after 4 weeks and a new one put on?" I tell him, "I didn't know I was supposed to." "Well we told you after the surgery that you needed to come in and get it removed and a new one put on." Still not knowing what the big deal was, I said "Well, let''s see, no one from your office called to follow up with me about it and if I remember correctly, just after surgery I was still pretty messed up from the anesthesia." He said, "well, we have an issue. Since you didn't come in to have the new cast put on, skin and scar tissue has grown around the stitches that we needed to remove 3 months ago..." You ever had stitches pulled out after they have had skin and scar tissue grow around them? That is the first, second, and third worst form of torture. It is the only time I had ever contemplated suing a doctor. But I have a cool ass scar from it.

lol.

Be happy, my Dr. didn't call me back to have my cast changed... So I went to my appointment to get the walking cast put on after 3 or 4 months, I guess it was. Well I get there, the nurse cuts the cast off, looks down with an odd look on her face and says, "I'll be right back". The Dr. comes in looks at my ankle, looks up at me, and says 'Why didn't you come in to have the cast removed after 4 weeks and a new one put on?" I tell him, "I didn't know I was supposed to." "Well we told you after the surgery that you needed to come in and get it removed and a new one put on." Still not knowing what the big deal was, I said "Well, let''s see, no one from your office called to follow up with me about it and if I remember correctly, just after surgery I was still pretty messed up from the anesthesia." He said, "well, we have an issue. Since you didn't come in to have the new cast put on, skin and scar tissue has grown around the stitches that we needed to remove 3 months ago..." You ever had stitches pulled out after they have had skin and scar tissue grow around them? That is the first, second, and third worst form of torture. It is the only time I had ever contemplated suing a doctor. But I have a cool ass scar from it.

oh man. ya, i got the stitches out this morning. walking cast for 2 weeks, then boot.

oh man. ya, i got the stitches out this morning. walking cast for 2 weeks, then boot.

Feels weird doesn't it. Wait til you get the boot for the first time, that is gonna be really messed up.

the doc said i can put weight on it. im was like, f that. dont want to blow it out again!

I would conciously avoid quick bursts of speed for like the first year after I got the cast off, didn't trust it would hold up. The streets were a lot safer for that year.

They suck!!!

HOLY CHIT!!!! That was you??????

HOLY CHIT!!!! That was you??????

No, must have been someone else.

BTW, what's your address, I got something I want to send up to you.

I would conciously avoid quick bursts of speed for like the first year after I got the cast off, didn't trust it would hold up. The streets were a lot safer for that year.

lol...my buddy ruptured his as well a few years ago. he says it always in the back of your head. never want to do it again.

lol...my buddy ruptured his as well a few years ago. he says it always in the back of your head. never want to do it again.

I ruptured mine in 2005. I was a 2-3 times per week basketball player and I've played in ONE pickup game since.

I am comfortable with the treadmill at the gym, jogging/running around my neighborhood and uh... :wacko: kickball. But none of those involve the constant jumping that hoops requires.

So in essence, yeah, it's still majorly in the back of my head. I really miss playing hoops... and know that my Achilles is significantly stronger than it was pre-rupture. I just don't want to do the other one. :tup:

The nice side effect for me, at least with the crutches part of the rehab, was it got me pretty ripped in the shoulders/upper arms. The walking boot sucks major azz.

Good luck.

I ruptured mine in 2005. I was a 2-3 times per week basketball player and I've played in ONE pickup game since.

I am comfortable with the treadmill at the gym, jogging/running around my neighborhood and uh... :wacko: kickball. But none of those involve the constant jumping that hoops requires.

So in essence, yeah, it's still majorly in the back of my head. I really miss playing hoops... and know that my Achilles is significantly stronger than it was pre-rupture. I just don't want to do the other one. :tup:

The nice side effect for me, at least with the crutches part of the rehab, was it got me pretty ripped in the shoulders/upper arms. The walking boot sucks major azz.

Good luck.

Only thing that got ripped when I ruptured mine was me... Lortab and Miller light were meant to go together, come to think of it, scotch went pretty well with lortab also.

Good luck.

yep, i think im stuck with golf from now on. plus need to get back into the gym to stay fit. its a good wake up call.