[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gore/Boldin for Kolb/Charles/Vernon?

brtdud7

took over for this team yesterday. i will only post possible keepers

QB: Smith

RB: Gore, Benson, LT, michael bush

WR: Steve Smith (CAR),Greg Jennings, Boldin, Malcolm Floyd

TE: Carlson

Guy offered me Kevin Kolb, Jamaal Charles, Hines Ward (who i dont want), and vernon davis or jason witten for gore and boldin

i figure if i take the offer, i keep kolb, charles, benson, jennings, and vernon/witten.

should i accept it and if not, are there any players i have that i should try to get rid of while i can?

also, i have the #2 overall pick, which i could use on dez bryant or someone to replace boldin.

Evalutating your teams shows that you have needs QB (most) and TE (2nd most). Ive always been a fan of having the best possible starters and sacrificing some depth to ensure that.

I think most people would agree that Kolb will have a better fantasy season than Alex Smith ... and VD or Witten will also be better than Carlson

VD and Witten will have season that will definitely be just as good if not better than Boldin. I love Jennings and despite Thomas Jones being in KC, Jamaal Charles still has great value.

The key point is to evaluate who you would keep if did AND didnt make the trade....make 2 list and put their projected stats for '10 and their actual stats from '09 and go from there

GL!

thought id give a quick update

i have another guy interested. he has manning, moreno, roddy white, VJax, antonio gates on his team.

He really wants gore and benson. i know it gives up my 2 top RBs, but but hes willing to basically give up everyone. he would give me manning, moreno, roddy, and antonio for the 2. if i got them, then maybe i could trade steve smith or anquan boldin to get the #1 overall, where i could take ryan mathews and like dez bryant... or just hope ryan falls to me at #2.

also made an offer of moreno and gates for benson OR roddy for benson

another guy has offered me kevin kolb for my 6th round pick (pick #71). i should take this offer, right?

Edited by brtdud7

thought id give a quick update

i have another guy interested. he has manning, moreno, roddy white, VJax, antonio gates on his team.

He really wants gore and benson. i know it gives up my 2 top RBs, but but hes willing to basically give up everyone. he would give me manning, moreno, roddy, and antonio for the 2. if i got them, then maybe i could trade steve smith or anquan boldin to get the #1 overall, where i could take ryan mathews and like dez bryant... or just hope ryan falls to me at #2.

also made an offer of moreno and gates for benson OR roddy for benson

another guy has offered me kevin kolb for my 6th round pick (pick #71). i should take this offer, right?

I would probably do the Kolb deal. that gives you Kolb, gore, benson, jennings and boldin as keepers without giving up that much. that's not bad. I might just stand pat at that point. you can't afford to trade your two running backs and get none back in return. gates is coming off an injury and i'd be wary of him. carlson should have a good year. maybe try to get him back in the draft.

Still would like to know lineup requirements and scoring system (PPR or not primarily), as that would be huge in evaluating the potential trades.

The Kolb for a 6th has some merit, just remember you must evaluate the trade as not just a 6th for Kolb, but as a 6th plus whomever you will no longer be keeping for Kolb, while examining what you are likely to be able to get in the draft. I guess I am more leery of Kolb than most, particularly when you tell me there is a guy with Manning and Brady looking to move one and the guy with Flacco may be willing to move him cheap.

I really like the idea of Moreno and Gates for Benson, as this gives you a really good TE (though Carlson has strong upside, but I don't think cracks your top 5 for keepers), and gets you younger at RB with a guy with good upside. In general, I dislike being on the 2 side of a 2 for 1 deal prior to announcing keepers, but I may make an exception in this case, especially if you think there is a high probability of being able to move some of your other players for draft picks.

its a PPR league...

QB,

3 WR,

2 RB

TE

2 W/R/T flex's

just made a great deal

i traded: steve smith (CAR) and my 6th round pick (#71)

i got: kevin kolb, vernon davis, and his 13th round pick

i basically traded a 6th round pick for kevin kolb and vernon davis. smith was going to be a lost keeper anyway.

as of now my keeper roster:

kolb, gore, benson, jennings, boldin, vernon.

i need to get down to 5 so ill probably try to trade jennings and boldin for a top WR or like boldin and benson/jennings for a top RB

Edited by brtdud7