[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final Keeper

cmutts

This is a 12 team league that is going on its 10th yr. We keep 3 and no player drafted in the 1st four rounds can be kept. 3 years ago we made a rule that limits a keeper to 3 years max. Standard scoring, 1 ppr and all td's are 6 pts. Start 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1K,1D. I am also picking 1.10 and 2.3. Here are the two players I am definitly keeping:

MJD for a 9th and last year he can be kept

S. Rice for a 11th

That leaves me one spot left and here are the best options:

QB - Kolb, Vince Young

RB - A. Foster, T.Choice

WR - Garcon

TE - Celek

Anyone of these guys will cost a 12th. My thoughts are it is really between Kolb, Celek or Garcon. The only QB's that are elite and available in the draft are Brady, Peyton, Brees. Basicly the rest of the Top 10 are kept. TE's and WR's are fairly wide open. Marshall and Deshaun are keepers.

Who would you make my final keeper?

Agree about Celek, Garcon and Kolb

Now by process of elimination

Garcon- WR are typically deep and there is somewhat of a log-jam with Indy WR with AG coming back. I'd pass based on other options in the draft

Celek- TE is deeper than it has ever been. Depending on who else is kept it could be deep in your draft as well. So deep that you could possibly snag another TE around round 3-8 that could be close to what you have. He could be you keeper deping on...

Kolb- 12 team league with 7 QBs kept and 3 big ones available. Assuming you don't want to blow a 1st or even a 2nd on a QB maybe Kolb. But do you even consider him in your top 12 QBs? If you don't you have to pass. If you think he'll be top 5 and go before Celek I'd keep him instead.

For me (and not knowing what TEs are being kept) I'd keep Kolb and draft a TE early

Surprised that Celek is the choice. Funny thing is, these three I grabbed on waivers last year. Deadline is not till some time in August. Here is a guess of keepers for QB, WR, TE.

QB - Romo, Palmer, Schaub, Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers, Favre(assuming playing)

WR - Smith(NYG),Breaston, DeShaun J, Welker, Marshall, Colston, Austin, Bowe, Jackson

TE - Daivs

Projected points for 2010 with my league settings:

Kolb - 324 pts (6 pt tds and no int penalties)

Garcon - 186 pts

Celek - 211 pts

So, is Celek still considered the final keeper?