[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 Person Keeper I need Advice

stei0405

Any and all feedback is appreciated:

I am in a 2 person keeper and need help deciding who to keep.

The players I am considering are:

Roddy White

Miles Austin

Jamaal Charles

Knowshon Moreno

Jonathan Stewart

I am worried about keeping two tier 2 wideouts and not ever having a solid running back core, but with that being said I am worried about Jamaal Charles situation and not entirely confident Knowshon has improved since last year.

Edited by stei0405

You have very good choices. I'd eliminate Charles first.

I'd probably keep JStew and Austin.

Big Country will be along shortly to explain all the info that would be helpful and your other options. BC's standard post should really be a Pinned Thread that we could reference.

You could have typed it for me Opie.

Lacking any additional info, I agree with Opie's reccs, in particualr eliminating Charles from consideration, though I must admit I am leery of being overly optimistic about Austin, I think his high side potential is greater than White's, but White is a safer pick. Depending on league setup (see below questions), I could see situations where I would skip keeping a WR altogether and just lock up the 2 RBs.

Info that will better help answer the question:

Lineup Requirements

Scoring System (in particular, PPR or not)

Any cost associated with keeping the players

Any possible trade partners for your soon to be unkept players

Any teams with one superstud and a lack of secondary options that you could approach with a 2 for 1 offer?

Is draft order set yet, and if so, what pick do you have?

Best guess as to top available players in the draft?

You could have typed it for me Opie.

Lacking any additional info, I agree with Opie's reccs, in particualr eliminating Charles from consideration, though I must admit I am leery of being overly optimistic about Austin, I think his high side potential is greater than White's, but White is a safer pick. Depending on league setup (see below questions), I could see situations where I would skip keeping a WR altogether and just lock up the 2 RBs.

Info that will better help answer the question:

Lineup Requirements

Scoring System (in particular, PPR or not)

Any cost associated with keeping the players

Any possible trade partners for your soon to be unkept players

Any teams with one superstud and a lack of secondary options that you could approach with a 2 for 1 offer?

Is draft order set yet, and if so, what pick do you have?

Best guess as to top available players in the draft?

Wow great questions, I appreciate your help here:

Passing Yards 30 yards per point

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -2

Rushing Yards 10 yards per point

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards 10 yards per point

Reception Touchdowns 6

Return Touchdowns 6

2-Point Conversions 2

Fumbles Lost -2

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Above is the settings for this league. PPR as can be seen. Thanks for reviewing this and offering continued suggestions.

Basically no trades prior to the seasons, and draft order is random; picked on day of draft.

Edited by stei0405

FYI, just by letting us know that its PPR and then giving your lineup requirements would be just as helpful, because if you play flex, then having more RBs might be advantageous, whereas if you start 3+ WRs, that could mean that it would be better to keep Austin to start building that corp.

But all that aside, I would keep JStew (even though you'll have to wait another year before he gets the feature gig; Taz will tell you it should be worth it), and depending on your lineup requirements, I’d either keep Charles/Moreno (who I almost consider a push with the PPR), or Austin if WRs will be a big commodity in your league…

But of course, like BC said, it is also helpful to consider what players your league-mates will likely be keeping to know who you can target in the draft, and also whether you can deal any of these players for an upgrade (though it might not be easy to pull off a 2 for 1, when you can only keep 2; But I’d be looking for the owner with a weak second keeper that you might be able to trade for a solid RB or WR as an option).

What delusions said, lineup requirements have a role. Assuming a fairly standard setup of 2 RB, 2 WR and one flex, and assuming most teams will be keeping the top RB talent, and not knowing if you are picking 1st or 12th (assuming 12 team league), I might actually lean away from keeping a WR in order to 'play it safe" and secure my RBs (I personally would go with Stewart and Moreno, not a big proponent of Charles though he did show flashes last year).

However, if it were just 1 required RB, or 3 required WRs with the flex, then the argument for Austin or White (see same comments above as to my preference) is much stronger given the scoring system.

same comment here, need line-up requirements

That said, I'd probably keep at least one RB (Stewart) and probably Austin over White. Even if you can start 3 RBs he's the only one I really like.

Jonathan Stewart- keeper

Miles Austin- like his upside more than White's (even with all the other WRs there)

Roddy White- (could make an argument for him and Austin but I wouldn't keep him over Austin)

Knowshon Moreno- not as much value as the WRs and McDonalds' seems committed to RBBC

Jamaal Charles- I personally am not buying the hype especially with the TJ signing

I think people are taking what Miles did last year a little extreme. Yes, he performed and well at that, but that was due to a struggling O line and QB that couldn't find his own balls in his own uni. He will be a good receiver, but the load will switch dramatically this year. I don't see Austin have nearly the production he had late last year. He will be afforded more cover 2 though.

Edited by BearBroncos

Stewart and White.

Stewart has the potential particularly next year assuming DeAngelo leaves then to be a real force possibly top 5. White is a WR1, no question. Austin, one big season, but he's competition from Bryant now, and he won't be such of a surprise.

Edited by fins4superbowl

Given the lineup requirements, I stick with my initial suggestion of Stewart and one of the WRs. As I said, I am leery of being overly optimistic with Austin. White is by far the safer of the two picks with a probable top 10 finish, but his chances of being in the true upper echelon, ie top 5, are small. Austin is riskier, he could be top 5 if he keeps it going on like the latter part of last season, he could easily regress towards his mean from the prior couple of seasons.

Great advice above!

I agree with the Stewart arguments and I'd rather keep White than Austin but would not be afraid to pull the trigger on Austin if you feel the need to.

Good Luck

I think people are taking what Miles did last year a little extreme. Yes, he performed and well at that, but that was due to a struggling O line and QB that couldn't find his own balls in his own uni. He will be a good receiver, but the load will switch dramatically this year. I don't see Austin have nearly the production he had late last year. He will be afforded more cover 2 though.

Given the lineup requirements, I stick with my initial suggestion of Stewart and one of the WRs. As I said, I am leery of being overly optimistic with Austin. White is by far the safer of the two picks with a probable top 10 finish, but his chances of being in the true upper echelon, ie top 5, are small. Austin is riskier, he could be top 5 if he keeps it going on like the latter part of last season, he could easily regress towards his mean from the prior couple of seasons.

Haha, can't believe that this Georgia homer was on the opposite side of keeping either White or Moreno, but these posters are def contributing to the thought that Austin might not be set for the same kind of success as last year, which I very much wonder if it came at the expense of Witten's production (that could rebound along with Bryant's #'s)... They make a very good point that R. White should be a much safer (if not better) option for both the present and the future than Austin might be...

But it is hard to argue with production...

Haha, can't believe that this Georgia homer was on the opposite side of keeping either White or Moreno, but these posters are def contributing to the thought that Austin might not be set for the same kind of success as last year, which I very much wonder if it came at the expense of Witten's production (that could rebound along with Bryant's #'s)... They make a very good point that R. White should be a much safer (if not better) option for both the present and the future than Austin might be...

But it is hard to argue with production...

So my thoughts were along this line. Two person keeper, which means that first round drafting would be the third round in re-drafts. All of the Tier 1 Running Backs will be off the board and possibly tier two's as well. One thought I had was that if I kept Roddy White and Miles Austin I would have two tier 2, WR1's on my team and for the first 2-3 rounds of drafting I could focus on running backs.

The one thing I don't understand is why everyone is so high on Jonathan Stewart. I know he is a great running back, but he still has to split with D-Will. Seems almost foolish to consider this guy as a keeper above any of the others. JStew's ADP is somewhere between 4th-5th round. Why give up a sure fire Wideout like Roddy who's ADP is 2nd-3rd round to keep JStew?

"and QB that couldn't find his own balls in his own uni" !?!?!?!?!?

I don't think 4,483 passing yards, 26 touchdowns and a passer pct of 63.1; qualifies as not being able to find his own balls. Tony Romo is arguably a tier 1 QB going into this year.

More targets with Dez Bryant, Witten back to 100%, Roy Williams looking better in the off-season; Austin seems like he is primed for a big year. If you look at it from a coverage perspective Austin won't nearly be double teamed the way he was at the end of the season last year.

Stewart and White.

Stewart has the potential particularly next year assuming DeAngelo leaves then to be a real force possibly top 5. White is a WR1, no question. Austin, one big season, but he's competition from Bryant now, and he won't be such of a surprise.

+1