[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shonne Greene trade...

Hey Guys

12 team Dynasty PPR, 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, K D or 1QB, 1RB, 4WR TE, K D as starting line-ups. Standard scoring albeit slightly favourable to QB's (1pt per 20 passing yards, fumbles, interceptions irrelevant.)

My squad:

Eli, Flacco

P Thomas, Ronnie Brown, R Bush, T Choice, Norwood

S Rice, V Jax, S Smith (Car), Maclin, Garcon, Floyd, R E Williams, Murphy,

Z Miller, Pettigrew

Just been offered this:

I get: Cutler, Shonne Greene, and Santonio Holmes

I give: Flacco, Ronnie Brown, S Rice

Cutler to my mind is an upgrade on Flacco, albeit not as big as possibly some might think. I can see Cutler being say 8th 9th QB rated QB, he's a risk but at least I've got about as solid a back-up in Eli as I could need.

Greene is a potential stud the only fly in the ointment LT. I could lose out this season if LT plays a big role, but my instinct is, he's on the downside of his career, and Greene is the future here isn't he?

Holmes is an oddity at least this season. When he was at Pits, he was a top 20ish WR. Now he's suspended for 4 games? and having to adjust to a new team. But he has some upside as he's obviously talented and may win out the no1 job considering the Jets poor receiving options. And I'd still have a starting WR line-up if I played 2 RB's of V Jax/Floyd (depending on suspension), Smith and Maclin.

His other RB's are CJohnson, F Jax and Lynch, WR's: Avery, TJHoosh, Smith (NYG) and B Edwards.

Is this one to leap on?! Any views would be greatfully received as my trading parter has a habit of making offers only to withdraw them within a couple of hours!!

Edited by fins4superbowl

I'm higher than most on Flacco (or assume I am higher than most on him), but given your team makeup, I really like the deal for you.

You get a solid youth infusion at RB, and you already have solid options at QB (and are receiving one back) that you are fine there. I take the risk at Wr in order to improve RB any day of the week.

Hey Guys thanks for the replies. :wacko:

I like the thought of getting Cutler, who I'm thinking has a little more upside than Flacco and I'm high on Flacco. Greene long term is a better option than Ronnie.

But just looking at this season the only reservations I have are these:

Most sites I've reviewed actually are projecting Greene about the same as Ronnie: ie. on average 1100 yds and 10 TD's on the ground to Ronnie's 900 yds 7TD's and 300 yds through the air and 3TD's.

Cutler's upside over Flacco is relatively small based on projections, but Rice is a massive loss to me on average he's being projected 1100 and 10TD's to Holmes 400-500 and 3-4TD's.

I'd leap on it if there was any other WR available than Holmes. Avery isn't much of an option either, I'm not interested in Edwards and he's not going to give up Smith.

I'm just wondering if Cutler and S Jax for Flacco, Brown and Rice is a better deal for me... Thoughts?

Other things to factor into this dynasty league:

Brown turns 29 this year, generally 30ish is the death knell for RB, he is in a clear committee situation, is recovering from offseason surgery, so not even certain to be at 100% for the season.

Also, what happens to Rice's numbes if Favre does not come back?

Let's look at likely lineups for RB/WR:

As is: Thomas/Rice/VJax/Smith/Maclin (Brown in for one of the Wrs based on matchups)

With Greene trade: Thomas/Greene/VJax/Smith/Maclin (Holmes as primary WR backup after suspension)

With SJax trade: Thomas/SJax/VJax/Smith/Maclin (no WR depth, Bush in for RBs on bye)

Which of those scenarios do you find most desirable for this season? for long term?

I'd jump on this too but one thing gives me pause, your WRs the 1st four weeks. VJax and Holmes are both suspended and Jax may hold out. The bright side is that you'd have a really early pick next season.

I don't like the SJax trade as much as the 1st one

Being that interceptions are irrelevent does allow for upside but the deal just doesn't even look good, IMHO. Greene is a plus to the deal, but that is it. Losing Rice and Brown (I'm not high on Brown mind you) is seriously lop sided in my mind. You automatically lose production of Holmes for 4 games plus no one knows what his role in NY will be. There are several there that could take the #1 slot.

I'd pass on the deal unless they made it more attractive IMHO.

Being that interceptions are irrelevent does allow for upside but the deal just doesn't even look good, IMHO. Greene is a plus to the deal, but that is it. Losing Rice and Brown (I'm not high on Brown mind you) is seriously lop sided in my mind. You automatically lose production of Holmes for 4 games plus no one knows what his role in NY will be. There are several there that could take the #1 slot.

I'd pass on the deal unless they made it more attractive IMHO.

Yes, but looking at his starting lineups, he's really only taking a downgrade to his backup (S. Holmes) who you would hope that you won't even have to use in the first four weeks, but gets an upgrade from Rice to Greene in the lineup, with everything else remaining the same... I think I'd take that upgrade for my starting lineup for a little more risk on my bench...

If there's a long-term VJax holdout, then I do somewhat agree that it could hurt to lose Rice's production, but by him also having Malcom Floyd, that seems to take a good bit of the risk out of this move...

Thanks guys for all your replies.

I decided to take the trade, really for some/all of the reasons you put forward. Basically I see Cutler as having more upside than Flacco, especially with Martz in town and my league not counting Interceptions.

Secondly I traded away my 1st from next year, and needed an injection of youth in my RB's. That coupled with all my reading on the Jets, I really think Greene could have a big year, with LT really only being involved on passing downs.

Obviously giving up Rice was difficult,if Favre's back he's at worst a top 10WR possibly much higher, but then there are questions about him like what happens to his production if Favre doesn't come back and/or next year? That coupled with Holmes getting (so far) good reports outta the Jets camp makes it possible he beat Edwards out long-term there and he could in the future as in Pits, be a decent WR3/WR2.

Obviously as you picked up on I'm not in a great situation with my WR1 VJax picking the wrong owner to argue with, but, at least I have Floyd who I see as a sleeper this season, and its possible V Jax and SD realize things need sorting out before Training Camp whereupon a starting trio of Vjax/Floyd, Smith and Maclin should be solid.

Anyhow, cheers for the advice!

Edited by fins4superbowl