[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

iTunes question

Ursa Majoris

Can you download for a second time songs you've bought before?

I ask because I bought a whole album's worth a couple days ago and didn't realize I was running an app that seems to have interfered with the download stream, causing faults in the sound.

Is there a way of downloading the same songs again for free?

Can you download for a second time songs you've bought before?

I ask because I bought a whole album's worth a couple days ago and didn't realize I was running an app that seems to have interfered with the download stream, causing faults in the sound.

Is there a way of downloading the same songs again for free?

If it's from the same computer I believe iTunes will have that song marked and not download it (Ignore the request). If the download is incomplete the next time you start iTunes it will pick up where it was; I've had that happen. However, if your download finished I doubt you get a freebie from a Steve Jobs enterprise, lol. But it's worth a call :wacko:

Since we're on iTunes questions, I have one:

Is there a way to tell iTunes to not automatically save songs into the music folder? I am on a one-song-per-day email list, and open the .mp3 file through Thunderbird. It obviously opens in iTunes. I preview the song and if I like it, I save it. But it looks like iTunes is just automatically saving the song to the iTunes music folder. Uhhh...??? Anyone?

Since we're on iTunes questions, I have one:

Is there a way to tell iTunes to not automatically save songs into the music folder? I am on a one-song-per-day email list, and open the .mp3 file through Thunderbird. It obviously opens in iTunes. I preview the song and if I like it, I save it. But it looks like iTunes is just automatically saving the song to the iTunes music folder. Uhhh...??? Anyone?

Somewhere in the preferences (although i cant say exactly where), you can determine whether songs played are automatically downloaded. You can also adjust the folder to which songs are saved.

On your iTunes store home page, there is a help option somewhere. You can contact iTunes and tell them that you had issues downloading whatever songs you had issues with. They will check their records and see that you have indeed purchased them and then will reload them into your que for you to re-download as long as it's on the same computer. I have had issues before where the song downloaded with errors or some other problems and they have reloaded the songs for me. Usually takes about a day to hear back from them but they are pretty good at dealing with issues like this.

On your iTunes store home page, there is a help option somewhere. You can contact iTunes and tell them that you had issues downloading whatever songs you had issues with. They will check their records and see that you have indeed purchased them and then will reload them into your que for you to re-download as long as it's on the same computer. I have had issues before where the song downloaded with errors or some other problems and they have reloaded the songs for me. Usually takes about a day to hear back from them but they are pretty good at dealing with issues like this.

Yup. I've had to use their customer sevice a few times for issues quite similar and things were resolved with no problems - other than the initial problem that caused the issue.

This is exactly what I have done. Waiting to hear back. Thanks! :wacko:

Somewhere in the preferences (although i cant say exactly where), you can determine whether songs played are automatically downloaded. You can also adjust the folder to which songs are saved.

What he said. You can also uncheck a box that designates iTunes as your default player, around that preferences menu are as well.

Itunes is for sheep.

us goats are FREE to use whatever we want.

youse the man and choose your momma

So... Have you used foobar? If so, have you used the iPod Manager extension? With success? and Care to Share? :wacko:

What he said. You can also uncheck a box that designates iTunes as your default player, around that preferences menu are as well.

I'd rather keep iTunes as my default player, but I have yet to find anything that changes the preference to auto-save all music files. :wacko:

Just find it in Music and delete it.

Apple products are supposed to be super-intuitive and the easiest programs evah, though, right?

I get a "daily download" kind of email, and it's gonna be a pain in the azz to have to do that extra step. Meh. iTunes kinda sucks. :wacko: