[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with keepers

RJV

I'm in a 12 team IDP keeper league which I can keep 5 players. This is also a 2 QB league.

I'm keeping

P.Manning and M. Schaub

DJax and Andre Johnson as my WR

Now for my last keeper, its between Benson and Stew. I'm leaning towards Stew because of the keeper status. What do you guys think?

Is this a PPR league and why your keeping Djax over keeping both RB's? Just a question only, I might keep Djax over one of them myself, but more than likely, depending what cost of keeping these guys are, would keep both RB's and just hold onto AJ.

What pick do you have in the upcoming draft? And who do you think will be the top RBs and WRs available at your pick?

With those lineup reqs, keeping the two QBs is easy, AJ is a must keep, and I think Stewart is too, but, with only two required WRs, it makes the WR position less valuable as a whole and drives up RB values, so it really comes down to what you are going to more easily replace in the draft, a starting RB like Benson or a rising WR, albeit with a relative unknown at QB, like Jackson.

One thing I've learned in fantasy is that you can't let your homerisim fog your judgement. To me, it's obvious that your keepers should be the 2 QB's, 2 RB's and AJ. If I had to pick it would be Stewart over Benson all day, unless there's some restriction on keepers. J-Stew's real value will be next year when D-Will will be playing for another team, so if you won't be able to keep Stewart past this year I would consider Benson over him.

What pick do you have in the upcoming draft? And who do you think will be the top RBs and WRs available at your pick?

With those lineup reqs, keeping the two QBs is easy, AJ is a must keep, and I think Stewart is too, but, with only two required WRs, it makes the WR position less valuable as a whole and drives up RB values, so it really comes down to what you are going to more easily replace in the draft, a starting RB like Benson or a rising WR, albeit with a relative unknown at QB, like Jackson.

I have the last pick, I won it last year.

Let me add that I also have Pierre Thomas. I forgot all about him being on my bench. I dont know if this changes things but what do you think?

Edited by RJV

I like Pierre over benson.

Any chance you could maybe package Benson with the last pick of the round for an earlier pick in the first round? It's essentially a free upgrade in pick for you. Or deal Benson for a pick (consider doing the same with DJax if you think it is unlikely you'll be able to redraft him, unless you opt to keep him in lieu of a 2nd RB)

I like Pierre over benson.

Any chance you could maybe package Benson with the last pick of the round for an earlier pick in the first round? It's essentially a free upgrade in pick for you. Or deal Benson for a pick (consider doing the same with DJax if you think it is unlikely you'll be able to redraft him, unless you opt to keep him in lieu of a 2nd RB)

Good suggestions Big, Ill give it a shot.