[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Kolb

cmutts

What do people think about Kolb this year as a possible Top 10 QB? He has some of the best weapons in the game and plays in a very pass happy system. I know 2 games doesnt mean alot but he did throw for over 300 yards and each of them. McNabb only had 3 300 yard games all season. In my league there are no int deductions and all tds are 6 pts. QB's always go early but I am thinking I can load up at WR (ppr) and RB and still grab him mid rounds. Thoughts?

I think he should be drafted as a fantasy back-up in anything smaller than 14-16 team leagues. Hard to say if he will be top 10 but he has the potential. Of course drafting players with potential and assuming they will work dooms a lot of teams. I'd rather take him as a number 2 and have 2 solid guys with the ability to deal one of them

However I think a lot of people could end up drafting him in the top 10-12 though they probably shouldn't.

Tough to say which round in your league is the right one to target Kolb ... but if you don't land one of the "guaranteed" top-end QB producers (in no particular order Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Schaub) then I think you could do much worse than Kolb. As mentioned, he's in a very QB-friendly system ... see Cassel's numbers in New England a couple of seasons ago (not to say that Kolb=Cassel, but a QB-friendly system plus good supporting weapons certainly helped Cassel's production, and a somewhat similar situation in PHI this year likely will not hurt Kolb at all) ... and A. Reid must see something in Kolb if he's ready to turn the reins over to him full time.

Tough to say which round in your league is the right one to target Kolb ... but if you don't land one of the "guaranteed" top-end QB producers (in no particular order Rodgers, Brees, Peyton, Brady, Romo, Rivers, Schaub) then I think you could do much worse than Kolb. As mentioned, he's in a very QB-friendly system ... see Cassel's numbers in New England a couple of seasons ago (not to say that Kolb=Cassel, but a QB-friendly system plus good supporting weapons certainly helped Cassel's production, and a somewhat similar situation in PHI this year likely will not hurt Kolb at all) ... and A. Reid must see something in Kolb if he's ready to turn the reins over to him full time.

+1...if you are the kind of drafter that waits on QB and always gets stuck with the Matt Ryan/Hasselbeck combo (I held out last year and actually got Schaub), then Kolb is your man. Otherwise, he is a back-up worth taking as a tradeable asset.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Kolb is a fantasy starter!

He will go earlier than you expect, especially in a draft where QB scoring is more important. he will likely be off the board by rounds 6-8 so dont wait too long.

When evaluating Kolb, just think Aaron Rodgers. Filling in for an establish QB and had big shoes to fill but proved himself in his first year as top 10 and top 4 by his second.

Every year I always wait around to pick a QB and every year I get stuck on the outside looking in. Last year I was lucky and jumped on Schaub, but he won't be around this year. If you get thrown into QB limbo, then Ii like Kolb. I have a good feeling that I will be in QB limbo once again. If so, I will definately look at Kolb over say Cutler, but would have to get another QB soon after picking Kolb, just for insurance. Maybe a Favre? or Ryan/Flacco/Cutler/Palmer?

Every year I always wait around to pick a QB and every year I get stuck on the outside looking in. Last year I was lucky and jumped on Schaub, but he won't be around this year. If you get thrown into QB limbo, then Ii like Kolb. I have a good feeling that I will be in QB limbo once again. If so, I will definately look at Kolb over say Cutler, but would have to get another QB soon after picking Kolb, just for insurance. Maybe a Favre? or Ryan/Flacco/Cutler/Palmer?

I ended up with Kolb/Palmer in a 10 team keeper draft that I'm currently participating in. I took him at the 5/6 swing since the usual suspects were already off the board and I knew the pickings would be slim by the time the draft came back to me at the 7/8 swing. I did have a shot at Flacco or Eli as a backup at the 9/10 swing, but I was still building WR/RB depth and I actually had to move in the 11th to secure Palmer.

I guess what that all means is that:

1.) Yes, I most definitely view Kolb as a fanatasy starter and like him after Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Romo, Rivers and Schaub are off the board.

2.) Ideally, I would have liked to have paired him with a veteran that has a high floor like Eli Manning. Palmer is a little more risk/reward than I would have liked.

3.) If you take Kolb as your starter, be one of the first to draft a backup just in case.

Edited by tomfin2000

I love playing the QB carousel. Let everyone else waste an early pick on a QB so I can get deeper at RB and WR... I would say Kolb strikes me as a helluva value in drafts this year. I think he'll step in and do fine, though bear in mind that those two 300 yard games last year were against some weak defenses. I wouldn't expect him to be a top 5 QB or anything, but he should outperform his ADP in most leagues.

FWIW, if you can pair Kolb with a guy like Cutler (friendly offense for a QB), Stafford (I like the weapons they've added in Burleson and Best), or Henne (Brandon Marshall will help him a lot), the carousel should work. Heck, even Roethlisberger isn't a bad late round pairing for Kolb, as Ben's stock has plummeted, but he should still be viable starting in week 6, and Kolb's bye isn't until week 8.

I like Kolb A LOT this fantasy season. I just traded off Brees because he was gonna cost me a #1 to keep. I'm set at RB in a 4 keeper league and plan on loading up at WR with my early picks. (2/3 & 4/3)

Hoping to find Kolb available in the 5th or 6th and will double back with a QB in the next round (Stafford, Palmer, Ben or Henne).

He's certainly not a top tier guy but I think I can win with him.