[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitzgerald-Megatron-D. Jackson

Keeper league - standard scoring for WR's (6pts TD, 1pt 10yds, 2pts bonus for TD over 50yds).

Keepers are: P. Manning and R. Rice.

I think Fitz is the safe keep on this one, even with his unknown situation at QB. D. Jackson is a wild card and would probably be called crazy for keeping him over Fitz and Megatron, but the guy just produces no matter what.

Thoughts?

Unless there are rules preventing it, why keep Manning over a 2nd WR? Anything in the rules that would make Manning any more valuable than usual in comparison to the top flight WRs? I will assume because it was not in the initial post that this is not a PPR league.

Obviously, the specifics of the rules regarding keepers may be a factor, but depending on lineup requirements and your draft position, it may be better to lock in two top 10 ranked WRs over Manning

But, given the choices as presented, I think I have Fitz as a 1a with Megatron as a 1b (could see solid arguments for either given risks of ARI QB situation) and Jackson a distant 3rd of these options.

Yea, sorry, we can only keep 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR/TE with an option of a rookie from last year as a 4th keeper (but you lose the spot in which they were taken for this year, even in a trade).

Possibly could pull a trade with CJ for someones rookie last year (Donald Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Chris Wells, LeSean McCoy, etc) but thats about it.

Yea, sorry, we can only keep 1 QB, 1 RB and 1 WR/TE with an option of a rookie from last year as a 4th keeper (but you lose the spot in which they were taken for this year, even in a trade).

Possibly could pull a trade with CJ for someones rookie last year (Donald Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Chris Wells, LeSean McCoy, etc) but thats about it.

Given your rules, then yeah, Manning, Rice and offer any of the 3 WRs for a top rookie and see if anyone will bite.

Definitely pursue the trade options, particularly target anyone with two very good rookies that could use WR help. You may even be able to negotiate a draft pick improvement to go with giving a top WR for a 2nd year player, even though valuewise you are essentially getting something for nothing in a straight trade.

What round were each of those RBs taken? I would gladly trade ond of your WRs for Wells, Moreno, or McCoy (in that order) provided I wasn't giving up too early of a pick to keep them.

That's what I need to research: that someone needs an upgrade with their WR keeper, that they have one of those rookies and what round they were selected. Since rookies can be kept for one extra year, there are many that take a stab at some rookies early on.

Next question: I do know of one team that has had A. Boldin for the last 3 years and is fed up with him as a keeper and is looking for an upgrade. He currently owns Chris Johnson as his RB. Crazy to offer up Megatron and Rice for Chris Johnson? Another thought....he also owns Chris Wells as his rookie for this next year. Offer him Fitz or Megatron for Wells? Would you want Fitz and Wells on your same team?

Thanks for the replies!

Next question: I do know of one team that has had A. Boldin for the last 3 years and is fed up with him as a keeper and is looking for an upgrade. He currently owns Chris Johnson as his RB. Crazy to offer up Megatron and Rice for Chris Johnson?

No, it is exactly what you should be looking to do. Since you can only keep one of Megatron or Fitz, this is essentially a free move fro Rice to Johnson for you, if he takes it. Heck, ask for CJ AND Wells initially and make him feel like he is getting a steal for only giving up CJ for these two.

Another thought....he also owns Chris Wells as his rookie for this next year. Offer him Fitz or Megatron for Wells? Would you want Fitz and Wells on your same team?

If he says no to the CJ deal, then I explore this, assuming the pick you sacrifice is acceptable to you.

I'd keep Fitz since I don't know what a megatron is

Next question: I do know of one team that has had A. Boldin for the last 3 years and is fed up with him as a keeper and is looking for an upgrade. He currently owns Chris Johnson as his RB. Crazy to offer up Megatron and Rice for Chris Johnson?

I would and give him the option of the other WRs too

Another thought....he also owns Chris Wells as his rookie for this next year. Offer him Fitz or Megatron for Wells? Would you want Fitz and Wells on your same team?

Thanks for the replies!

In that case I'd move Fitz for Wells and try to get a guy like Calvin Johnson

seriously? how could you not know? He's the main bad guy in the Transformers universe. I bet you know who Megan Fox is.

The what now? this guy?

She was in that crappy movie about the toy cars :wacko:

Edited by Zooty

Ha-Ha.... funny where this thread went! Ok, league manager put up the rosters so I know what I'm looking at now. Here are my rookie options based on teams that need a WR:

Option 1: Team A has Shonn Greene as a rookie last year. His RB keeper will probably be C. Benson (barring suspension now). His only WR/TE keeper options are Wes Welker or Jason Witten.

Option 2: Team B has B. Wells as a rookie last year. His RB keeper is Chris Johnson. His WR keeper is A. Boldin which he wants to get rid of.

Option 3: Team C has L. McCoy as a rookie last year. His RB keeper is F. Gore. His WR keeper is R. White.

Option 4: Team D has K. Moreno as a rookie last year. His WR is already Randy Moss but his RB's are a mess other than Moreno. I could possibly offer his J. Charles (was on my team last year but dropping him due to R. Rice keeper) for K. Moreno?

Thoughts?

Option 1 and Option 4 seem like the most likely scenarios to work out. Option 3 is unlikely as White is similarly ranked to what you can offer at WR. Option 2 could work if he is really turned off of Boldin.

R.White is equal to Megatron? I don't think so brother. This is the option I would most likely pursue. It is not a secret that I am not a Beanie the Weanie fan..no matter how many touches he's in line for this year.

R.White is equal to Megatron? I don't think so brother. This is the option I would most likely pursue. It is not a secret that I am not a Beanie the Weanie fan..no matter how many touches he's in line for this year.

He is close enough when you consider that the cost is McCoy in order to make the change.

Sorry, but I'd rather be able to lock in McCoy as an RB2 and keep White than just have Megatron given the keeper rules in place. (That's not to say he shouldn't make the offer, just saying that I see it as the most unlikely offer to be accepted)

Edited by Big Country

I have offered the owner in Option 1, Megatron or Jackson and Jamaal Charles for Greene. I remembered that he picked Greene up in FA last year so if traded I would only lose my last pick in the draft for Greene. I threw in Jamaal Charles as I would be losing him too and for him it was be a back up in case Benson gets suspended. I don't know how he could refuse this deal? Crazy if he does in my opinion but had to make it sweet enough for it to be a no brainer.

I have offered the owner in Option 1, Megatron or Jackson and Jamaal Charles for Greene. I remembered that he picked Greene up in FA last year so if traded I would only lose my last pick in the draft for Greene. I threw in Jamaal Charles as I would be losing him too and for him it was be a back up in case Benson gets suspended. I don't know how he could refuse this deal? Crazy if he does in my opinion but had to make it sweet enough for it to be a no brainer.

The best part about this is that even with Charles in there, you are literally giving away nothing for something very valuable in Greene.

That's huge. I take my previous post back about option 3. This is definitely the better choice of those listed. I'm not sure how he can refuse the upgrade over Welker. The only roadblock I see is if the TE position is high profile enough to keep Witten.

• 2 weeks later...
The guy still hasn't taken the trade yet.....offered Fitz and Charles for Greene.....Yellow Submarine is he waiting for?

Might have to start exploring Moreno for Charles.............

Is this league on MFL? If so, he might not have checked the trade notification option. You might have to email him directly. I really hate owners that don't submit contact info. Very frustrating.

Ok, he's accepted the trade!! Pending the league approval (which always happens) I'm giving him Fitz and J. Charles for Greene. This is huge in our league because of the rookies. So my keepers will look like this:

P. Manning

C. Johnson (WR)

R. Rice

S. Greene (Rookie)

The best thing about this is the guy I'm trading with picked up Greene as a FA during the season last year. So our rules are when you draft a rookie and decide to keep them next year, you lose the spot you drafted them in for next years draft. In this case since Greene was a FA, I will lose the last pick in our draft this year! If Greene was available for picking in this years draft he would of easily gone in our first round for sure (keeping in mind it's really round 4 cause of keepers).

So the way thi s shapes up now is I have the last pick in our draft of 12 teams this year (won the league last year). I not only get Greene and lose my last pick but get to still pick at 12 and 13, picking up quality talent with those picks. There are other teams that are keeping Moreno and McCoy and Wells as rookies that picked them in rounds 2 and 3 last year that will lose that drafting position.

If Greene is a good this year, then I think this was the best I could of done. I hate giving up Fitz as he's been my keeper for the last 5 years at WR but Johnson isn't a bad fall back guy to have!

Sorry to ramble but I'm stoked he took the trade! I really think this gives me a solid start going into the draft this year.