[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh Arnold....sigh....you're a disgrace

tazinib1

Where did you get this figure and are you comparing apples to apples. (For example, I hope to hell that a teacher earns at least 30% more than a burger-flipper at McDonalds.)

My strong guess is that your 30% figure was created using the same dumb logic that some people use when they argue that women are discriminated in the labor market because they make only 70% of what men make.

I apologize. My numbers are completely made up.... keep up the good work local, state, federal government... Just raise taxes and it will all come together like it should. Happy 4th all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think it's rather clear this isn't a long term spending cut to balance the books. It's blackmail to get the budget passed. And maybe it's the right thing to do.

Absolutely. This was done with malice. At the least, it was only to force the issue of passing a budget that he could sign.

I apologize. My numbers are completely made up.... keep up the good work local, state, federal government... Just raise taxes and it will all come together like it should. Happy 4th all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think you were talking about fed gov. workers when this is state of CA, but as Wiegie correctly stated, its a largely dumb and deceptive apples to orange comparison:

But the truth is that a comparison of federal and private-sector pay, even by occupation, is misleading because the employees hired by the federal government often have higher levels of education than their counterparts in the private sector - even within the same occupations. When you factor in the education and experience of the federal workforce, there is no statistically significant difference in average pay levels.

:wacko:

And in general, in my industruy, a private job is the preferred over govt. for a number of reasons, pay being one the primary factors. And this was before the recession kicked in.