[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Vincent Jackson worth a keep this year? Also, Sanchez vs. Ryan

I play in a league where you keep three. My other keepers are gonna be Chris Johnson and Matt Ryan (maybe Sanchez). I can decide to keep Jackson and go in with a solid base team to build around, or i can not keep him and i get an early pick. I'm not really sure what will be out there.

Also, I'm not sure what to do with Sanchez and Ryan. Their both young, so if they turn out, i'll have a solid fantasy quarterback for a long time. I think Sanchez is in a little better of a situation at NY, but not THAT much better. I also think Ryan is more consistent, but it was Sanchez's first year. What do you guys think?

I can't imagine a scenario (unless it was salary cap based decision, a very large league 16 or up teams, or you are losing the pick for the round that player was drafted so Ryan/Sanchez are cheap) where I would keep a suspended Vincent Jackson or Matt Ryan or Mark Sanchez.

Ryan and Sanchez are both young, yes, but neither play in an offense that is built to get them elite QB numbers.

I'd throw em both back if possible.

D

I can't imagine a scenario (unless it was salary cap based decision, a very large league 16 or up teams, or you are losing the pick for the round that player was drafted so Ryan/Sanchez are cheap) where I would keep a suspended Vincent Jackson or Matt Ryan or Mark Sanchez.

Ryan and Sanchez are both young, yes, but neither play in an offense that is built to get them elite QB numbers.

I'd throw em both back if possible.

D

This was my initial thought. Based on the comment about getting a pick for not keeping VJax, what is the cost associated with keeping the QB? I can,t fathom many scenarios where I would give up what would be an early round pick for either Ryan or Sanchez.

Well everyone else gets to keep players too. So its not like that much will be out there. It's not really an early draft pick. Its just picking a third keeper. So for example, there are 8 teams. I am team 4 (going by draft order) Let's say team 1 keeps no one, Team 2 Keeps 2 players, Team 3 keeps everyone. Team's 5-7 keep everyone and team 8 keeps 1.

Teams 1, 2, and 8 would have a "mini draft" before the real draft started to make them have equal players to the teams that kept 3. If i kept two i would be in the pre-draft selecting from the players that were not kept.

Well everyone else gets to keep players too. So its not like that much will be out there. It's not really an early draft pick. Its just picking a third keeper. So for example, there are 8 teams. I am team 4 (going by draft order) Let's say team 1 keeps no one, Team 2 Keeps 2 players, Team 3 keeps everyone. Team's 5-7 keep everyone and team 8 keeps 1.

Teams 1, 2, and 8 would have a "mini draft" before the real draft started to make them have equal players to the teams that kept 3. If i kept two i would be in the pre-draft selecting from the players that were not kept.

In your scenario above that is only18 players being kept. that leaves a LOT on the board that are better suited for keepers than 1 of your 2 qb's or even VJ for that matter. If you look at the Huddle Pre-season rankings Calvin Johnson, Jennings, De Jackson and Colston are below 18 and a slew of rb's that i'd rather have than a QB.

JMHO

And based on who you are selecting from for your keepers (other than Johnson), one can pretty safely assume you are better off selecting from their castoffs than using your keepers on these guys, especially in an 8-team league.