[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What are your thoughts on this HS qb?

polksalet

He is the son and step son of a couple good friends and plays at our old hs. He is the worst of our last 3 qbs but they went to Tulsa and uaf pig school. He recently won MVP at the state 7 on 7 tournament.

Nice arm strength and good touch on the deeper routes. Only knock I see is that he holds the ball to low while dropping back. Needs to be up around his chin. Might need some work on footing dropping back as well. I'm sure all those things will be addressed in college. Any idea where he might go?

Agreeed - he had a nice touch on a lot of those deep passes and the one where he was chased out of the pocket to the left and threw across his body for a score was impressive. In myu opinion, the all orange uni's need to go since they look like a team of pumpkins. He seems really accurate. Two-thirds of the way though now and he has never run so far so his mobility doesn't really show up on this. He has a good arm though. no question.

Agree with everything said - pretty solid footwork, keeps his head up when taking the snap; always important to keep eyes downfield - seems to be reading the defenses and throwing to the best option. Great arm strength.

However - that wind-up of his is a red flag to me; drops the ball low and throws it like he's pitching. I think we've recently seen countless hours dedicated to someone else who does this...

Also tends to take most snaps from the Gun, so footwork could really be tested if he plays under center in college.

Several plays where he had to throw it into a window, which looked cool and tested his arm, but it's because he was staring the receiver down.

Seriously though - seems like he's got the competitiveness to go out there and make plays - and at his age everything else can be adjusted. I'd be excited and proud to follow his career over the next four years :wacko:

Agreeed - he had a nice touch on a lot of those deep passes and the one where he was chased out of the pocket to the left and threw across his body for a score was impressive. In myu opinion, the all orange uni's need to go since they look like a team of pumpkins. He seems really accurate. Two-thirds of the way though now and he has never run so far so his mobility doesn't really show up on this. He has a good arm though. no question.

His stepdad is without a doubt the most extreme redneck I've ever known. He makes the kid eat calf testicles at least twice a week in order to build aggression and arm strength. He had the kid throwing the ball at the bard until hte started destroying it in about the 8th grade. When we were there we didn't win the all orange as they we considered bad luck, however they have lost 5 games in 6 years and are the 27th winningest program in the US as of last year. I would like to see if the list is updated but I can't find it.

He runs around a 4.9 on a good day. His stepdad says he runs like a fat woman pushing a wheelbarrow but he did have a couple of scores last year. He has good mobility but he just lacks speed. He is a good tough and strong kid like his real dad is. They lost most of those giant lineman last year. The LT was 6-7 270ish. They have a new coach whose philosophy makes Mike Leach seem like Tom Osborne so 4,000 and 40 won't shock me this year.

I've no idea where he will go but I'm (obviously) pulling for Arkansas State.

To tell you how tough he is when we were playing a rival he got some sort of unnecessary roughness/late hit call for roughing up the mlb of the other team. It was comical to the fans but the coaching staff didn't seem to appreciate it.

However - that wind-up of his is a red flag to me; drops the ball low and throws it like he's pitching. I think we've recently seen countless hours dedicated to someone else who does this...

Tebow was my first thought as well seeing his motion.

He looks like a big kid with big arms. He must have good size. I wish that my kid had receivers that could catch those passes. It's hard to say anything about the mechanics because you don't know what the coaches tell him to do. I know that the coaches told my kid to get lots of air under the ball. So basically most of the deep passes are up for grabs.

Cole looks like a good player. They have alot of quick plays that would work good in HS. I didn't see anyone in his face ever.

He looks like a big kid with big arms. He must have good size. I wish that my kid had receivers that could catch those passes. It's hard to say anything about the mechanics because you don't know what the coaches tell him to do. I know that the coaches told my kid to get lots of air under the ball. So basically most of the deep passes are up for grabs.

Cole looks like a good player. They have alot of quick plays that would work good in HS. I didn't see anyone in his face ever.

He is somewhere around 6-1 210ish. When they play the team in the black and gold, the de signed with Missouri and never got close to him haha.