[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Father-Son Duo Accomplish Unlikely Golf Feat

buddahj

FLORENCE, Ky. --

A Boone County father-and-son twosome showed that you can beat a hole in one.

Adam Chaney and his son, Spencer, were playing the third hole on the Ridgeview Course at Boone Links when the unlikely occurred.

"It took one bounce, rolled along the ridge (and) it went right in the hole," said Adam Chaney. "I was just excited."

Gary Oliver was doing some construction work at the time on a nearby house.

"I heard one of the golfers on the course yell 'I just got a hole in one,' so I came running over and saw him jumping around like a nut," Oliver said.

Then 9-year-old Spencer stepped up to the tee, and that's when the improbable happened.

"It did bounce, it went to the same exact spot as my dad, and then it went boink! Right in the hole," Spencer said.

The Chaneys asked Oliver to verify their feat.

"We walk down, I look in the hole and there's two balls in the hole," Oliver said. "'Did you believe it?' No. 'But you saw it? So it did happen?' It did happen, yes. I'm still shocked even explaining it."

Very cool. :wacko: This happened at one of the courses I've played many times.

If I were them I would steal the flag and put it over the mantle. The odds of having that happen must be astronomical, let alone be witnessed.