[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty cut down

I just think Manningham has a better chance of being on the field more than Collie, and getting his number called more often.

Collie has Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark and Garcon to contend with not to mention Addai pulling in 40-50 catches most likely.

Manningham, as noted, has Steve Smith and Nicks ahead of him on the dpeth charts, but he was still the #2 WR last season and, well, Boss and the Jacobs/Bradshaw contingent are much less of factors in the passing game.

Maybe just a feel thing, as both put up similar numbers last year, although Collie did it without Gonzalez there, which I think will definitely cut in to his potential production.

Better question... either this guy's got an absolutely sick dynasty team, or the rosters are not very deep, for him to be cutting one of those three. Which is it, Thor?

No "acting high and mighty" here... I was just genuinely curious. Either this is a really stacked team, or the rosters aren't very deep (for a true dynasty league). Nothing wrong with that... just wondering which was the case. All of the dynasty leagues I'm familiar with would have those guys rostered, that's all. Maybe it's not a true "dynasty" league, but rather more of a keeper/dynasty hybrid, where only certain players are allowed to be kept. :tup:

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Breaston is going to far out-perform the other two, especially long-term. My guess is that he will THIS year, but there are a few factors that make that presumption less than a guarantee. For one, the other two have Mannings throwing to them, while Breaston has... nobody knows for sure, but it looks like Leinart or Anderson. :wacko: Secondly, I personally like some of Arizona's other young WR's... maybe not to fight for the #2 WR spot this year, but possibly as early as next. Andre Roberts is a potential PPR stud and actually a perfect compliment to Fitz, and Doucet is no slouch himself. Again, I'm not saying Breaston will be a bust or anything, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and pencil him in for Boldin-like production any time soon. Too many things have changed... QB turnover, emergence of a stud RB, etc.... and I think there is plenty of risk in making that sort of assumption.

For this year, I would lean towards Breaston, with Collie SLIGHTLY ahead of Manningham in PPR leagues, and about dead even in non-PPR. I think BC makes some very good points about the Colts passing game... I'm just not sold on Gonzalez. In other words, I need to see him be a once-again productive possession WR, before I'll believe it.

Obviously, most of what I'm saying is under the assumption that this IS a true dynasty league (looking at future years beyond this upcoming season, etc.). If it's more of a keeper than a dynasty, Breaston is probably the safer play, although I still think there is some risk with him as well, just as there is with Collie and Manningham. I actually think Manningham might be the safest pick of the three, as you pretty much know what you're going to get with him. No question about how (or who) his QB is going to be, no question about another WR's health or return from injury, and no question about what type of team/offense the Giants are going to be. They're going to be a run-first team that can still put up points through the air as well. Mario will be the #3 receiving option... their backs are decent pass-catchers (but not great), and I think Boss is simply a better all-around TE than he is a pass-catching/fantasy TE.

To be clear, I'm pretty loaded at WR in this league. Colston, Jennings, Crabtree and Harvin ahead of these three. The answers reinforce what I thought, keep Breaston and dump one of the other two.

We can only keep 17 players, of which, only 14 can be "veterans" and 3 rookies.

Would you keep all three of these guys and dump the Baltimore Defense instead? I would not, just seeking another opinion as I can't play all these guys but can play Baltimore each week.

I guess it would matter how loaded you are at the other positions. I would assume that any of these guys has more trade value than the defense, so, in most cases, I would lean towards protecting the WRs and plan to just draft a defense. I'd rather have the additional depth at WR to provide trade options, injury coverage and bye coverage. Plus, if one of these three steps up bigger than anticipated, it could allow you to send one of your other WRs for an RB upgrade or QB upgrade, if you need one.

My reason for selecting Manningham are two-fold.

1. He is being strongly considered for punt return duty. This is a clear indication, to me at least, that his offensive role is on the decline.

2. Hakeem Nicks will more than likely nail down the split-end role, leaving Manningham only 3WR set opportunities. If/when Hixon returns next year, I believe Manningham will fall further down the depth chart.

Seeing that this is a dynasty league, best case scenerio (barring some super natural explosion of talent and injuries), Manningham might not be worth keeping in this case.