[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice on who to keep, keeper league

Hey guys, I haven't had much time to really follow the NFL this off season. and I am in a keeper league where I can keep 4 players, Obv. Im going to keep MJD but I could use some help on the other 3 so heres the options

Jay Cutler

Maurice Jones Drew

Michael Turner

Marques Colston

Calvin Johnson

Vernon Davis

Thanks in advance

These are always tough without knowing what the majority of your league will be keeping and where you'll be drafting but here goes...

Keeping MJD... no-brainer

Calvin Johnson is also a no-brainer. Too young, too talented to not

Vernon Davis is a no-brainer if you start a TE; he also a consideration just as a receiver depending on what will be kept league wide but then you have look at Colston as well

The only keeper I've ever played in has always been ridulously RB heavy with regard to keepers so in my league I'd also keep Turner because there won't be anything out there that can replace him if you let him go

I think youre overlooking this, its simple

MJD, Turner, Calvin Johnson, and Colston

Editing as I read through the responses too quick -

Without knowing scoring system and lineup requirements, can;t give too specific of advice, but in most setups, Cutler is an easy drop, so really it is 4 of the 5.

MJD is pretty much a no-brainer in all setups. Pretty much the same for Calvin.

Turner, Colston and Davis come down to lineup reqs and scoring system. 2 required Rbs would boost Turner, PPR would reduce his value. only 2 WRs reduces Colston's value, 3 or more required would help it out. TE required helps Davis, as would PPR IMO.

I'd look into shopping the 3 around, see what sorts of offers you can get for them and proceed accordingly. Maybe you can pair Turner and Colston for one of the elite backs or Colston and Davis for an elite WR, or get a decent pick for one of them and keep the other two.

Edited by Big Country

Vernon Davis is a no-brainer if you start a TE

I disagree. Davis does not have enough of a track record to expect him to repeat last year's numbers. In that case, a "lesser" tight end will not be too far behind Davis' realistic expectations. Keep Colston instead.

Sorry I guess the scoring system might help out a bit haha, I am worried about dropping Cutler, just bc I am late in the draft order 9th out of 10 I believe so wondering If between keepers and the early picks if Ill get a better replacement

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -4 points

IKRTD - Individual Kick Return TD 10 points

IPRTD - Individual Punt Return TD 10 points

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 3 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -4 points

PaTD - Passing TD 7 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 3 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 7 points

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 3 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 7 points

RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Special Scoring for Tight Ends

ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 2 points for every 10 ReYds

I disagree. Davis does not have enough of a track record to expect him to repeat last year's numbers. In that case, a "lesser" tight end will not be too far behind Davis' realistic expectations. Keep Colston instead.

Although I appreciate you being a bit apprehensive, most if not all of the "experts" have him performing top 3 this year including the Huddle's #1 ranking. I'll concede "no-brainer" might be a tad overzealous but completely dismissing a guy who's projected by many to be top 3 playing a position at which you only have one line-up spot is, well, it is what it is. I wouldn't have a problem with keeping Colston based on your analysis but he's not gonna give anyone a decided edge at the WR position.

Sorry I guess the scoring system might help out a bit haha, I am worried about dropping Cutler, just bc I am late in the draft order 9th out of 10 I believe so wondering If between keepers and the early picks if Ill get a better replacement

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 3 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -4 points

PaTD - Passing TD 7 points

PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

QB is generally one of the easiest positions to fill, especially in a 10 team league that starts 1 QB. On top of that, with your scoring system, Cutler's value is kind of undermined by the -4 for interceptions. He'll need to severely curtail his penchant for throwing to the wrong team to boost his value this year.