[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

But I didn't want my neighborly contribution to be anonymous

wiegie

Update:

So, tonight I am outside cutting my own grass (diagonally) and the neighbor woman from across the street (whose grass I cut) comes over and starts talking to the neighbors who live next to us (the ones who were originally taking care of the goldfish). At one point I have to stop to empty the lawnmower bag and the neighbor from across the street says "when you get finished with your yard, you can come finish cutting our yard since I only got halfway done this afternoon." :wacko:

Then when I came inside my wife says "I have something funny to tell you." And it turns out that the neighbor also thanked my wife for watching their fish and then the neighbor made a joke that when I am finished cutting our lawn that my wife should send me over to cut their lawn.

100% true story.

(oh, in case you wondering what sort of wonderful comeback I had for my neighbor, I sort of mumbled something like "thanks for the offer, but that's ok") (I'm very witty in real life.)

Edited by wiegie

That is the best you could come up with? C'mon, man! You didn't even think to say "Sorry, one lawn cut per neighbor per year's my limit and I did yours last week. I brought your fish over because I thought he looked homesick, but had to chase this cat away. Don't worry, this one looks exact, er, must lead a charmed life because I chased off the cat just in time!" So, you really are an economist, aren't you? :tup:

Update:

So, tonight I am outside cutting my own grass (diagonally) and the neighbor woman from across the street (whose grass I cut) comes over and starts talking to the neighbors who live next to us (the ones who were originally taking care of the goldfish). At one point I have to stop to empty the lawnmower bag and the neighbor from across the street says "when you get finished with your yard, you can come finish cutting our yard since I only got halfway done this afternoon." :wacko:

Then when I came inside my wife says "I have something funny to tell you." And it turns out that the neighbor also thanked my wife for watching their fish and then the neighbor made a joke that when I am finished cutting our lawn that my wife should send me over to cut their lawn.

100% true story.

(oh, in case you wondering what sort of wonderful comeback I had for my neighbor, I sort of mumbled something like "thanks for the offer, but that's ok") (I'm very witty in real life.)