[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

phew!

Bier Meister

just started running again today after 7-8 years.

the good:

-total distance= 4 miles (jog/walk)

-ran the 1st 2 1/2 before having to stop (goal was 2m)

-only walked maybe 1/4 mile

-able to run through the cramp for a mile or so

-no pain (back, knees)

-no burning in the chest

-all this at altitude

the bad:

-poor time

-need to work on breathing

-need to lengthen stride

good first day back for an old man :patsselfonback:

I'm gonna go have a smoke and think of all the reasons why I should actually get off of my lazy ass and get some exercise. I'll post the results when I return.

I had to walk about 110' to go outside to smoke. It is already in the mid 80's and about 100% humidity, so I sweated a little bit. When I took the first drag, I could feel my heart begin to beat a bit faster and the twitching in my left eye stopped. It takes about 7 minutes to smoke, so I got a little sweaty standing out there, but had no cramping or soreness in any of my joints. I did however manage to power through the urge to crap at around the 5 minute mark, but due to this finished the cigarette in record time. As I came in I felt somewhat refreshed but had to trot to the rest room to crap. Over all, during the time smoking I thought about quitting 3 times, thought about beginning to exercise once and thought about how great it would be to nail the hot chick that jogged past while I was smoking for the balance of the time.

I had to walk about 110' to go outside to smoke. It is already in the mid 80's and about 100% humidity, so I sweated a little bit. When I took the first drag, I could feel my heart begin to beat a bit faster and the twitching in my left eye stopped. It takes about 7 minutes to smoke, so I got a little sweaty standing out there, but had no cramping or soreness in any of my joints. I did however manage to power through the urge to crap at around the 5 minute mark, but due to this finished the cigarette in record time. As I came in I felt somewhat refreshed but had to trot to the rest room to crap. Over all, during the time smoking I thought about quitting 3 times, thought about beginning to exercise once and thought about how great it would be to nail the hot chick that jogged past while I was smoking for the balance of the time.

Baby steps

I don't think sweated is a word.

:wacko:

You know, they do say that your average smoker is dumber than your average stripper...

Edited by SEC=UGA