[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Making a strong team stronger

MASSAVE

Do you put any consideration into making a strong team stronger when doing a trade?

Or do you just think about how the trade strengthens your own team?

I often see owners complain that team A makes a trade with one of the best teams and that the trade made that best team even better. Even though it also made team A better.

I don;t complain about other owners trades, I just kick myself for not approaching an owner about players if I see them trade a guy I like for what I deem to be less than market value.

The whole point of a trade is that it should make both teams stronger, at least in their eyes. If it didn't, the teams would not have made the trade.

I play in keeper/dynasty leagues. It just seems to happen when somebody makes a trade with the best team or whoever won the championship LY. Face it - the stronger team typically have the depth to trade.

I may shy away from making trades with my division mates, especially if it is my main competition in the division. Otherwise, the goal is to make the playoffs. You might make the strongest team stronger but you play them once. And who knows what happens as the year progresses. Maybe you play the team in the playoffs or championship game but more often than not - it won't matter that your trade made the stronger team stronger. Just so long as you made your team stronger.

Making your team stronger is the bottom line. The flipside of making a strong team stronger is trading with a perceived weaker team and getting them into the mix by making them better. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. To reiterate, just worry about your team.

Making a strong team stronger is not the smart play if you can help it. It's always preferrable to trade with the weaker teams. Now if you can get better value from a stronger team that could factor into the decision as well, but all things being equal, trade with the weaker team.

Making a strong team stronger is not the smart play if you can help it. It's always preferrable to trade with the weaker teams. Now if you can get better value from a stronger team that could factor into the decision as well, but all things being equal, trade with the weaker team.

Make your own team better! Injuries happen.