[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Grant

j94w

I have 12th pick in a 12 man league. We've been doing this league for 8 years now so I feel like I know the guys inside out.

At the turn, my guess is the best available will look something like this:

WR: Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne

RB: Ryan Grant, Ryan Matthews, Shonn Greene, Jamaal Charles, Knowshon Moreno (I think Mendenhall will be taken)

I am actually big on Ryan Grant as he's been rock solid and he has no competition for his job; however, he also has one of the toughest (if not the toughest) rushing schedule. Just curious if anyone has any thoughts on what direction they'd head here. My thought is Moss/best available RB.

Scoring: 1/10 point for rush and receive yards, 1/25 point for passing yards, .5 for each reception, all TDs 6 points but interceptions are -3 (no negatives for fumbles)all 2 pt conversions are 2 points for each player. . 16-man rosters that start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1PK, 1DT and 1 Flex.

Edited by j94w

I'm big on Grant and think he is a much safer pick than Charles or any of the other RBs you mentioned (also big on Moreno this year, but he has more risk than Grant).

I like the plan of going Moss/RB. I am assuming you can't use a QB at the flex.

I'm big on Grant and think he is a much safer pick than Charles or any of the other RBs you mentioned (also big on Moreno this year, but he has more risk than Grant).

Yeah no QB at flex. I think I agree with both of you (that it's really between Charles/Grant). One of the things I'm struggling with is that defensive parity changes so dramatically with the turnover in the NFL so the ease of schedule rankings are somewhat irrelevant. This is why I lean towards Grant. I may trade to trade my 2.1 pick after getting Moss to try to get Grant mid way through the 2nd and maybe pick up a 3rd rd pick for 5th or something like that.

I agree. In the MSHB II I had the 11th pick. Moss and A Johnson were just picked before me. I took Grant based on his TD potential. The total yards will be the same as everyone else available, but he has more TD potential in the GB offense then the rest of the RBs available. If Moss was available, I would have taken Moss.

This is a solid start. So many have been going WR/WR in the 12 spot (I did that last season in my work league with Andre and Moss and won the title) but Grant has NO competition for carries and is on a solid offensive team. Go this route and be very happy that you did!