[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this is why we are doomed

dmarc117

show me something with this world economy to be happy about.

Is that it for you? The economy, all day, every day and twice on Sundays? Fine. It's very important but even if it goes tits up as bad as in the pre-war the world isn't going to end. There is more to life than yet more money and there is actually much to enjoy still. Look around.

Is that it for you? The economy, all day, every day and twice on Sundays? Fine. It's very important but even if it goes tits up as bad as in the pre-war the world isn't going to end. There is more to life than yet more money and there is actually much to enjoy still. Look around.

im happy. i have a great life and a healthy family. and i totally agree there is more to life than money. im not talking about money though. im talking about our way of life, education, society. the economy will have an affect on all of that if it gets bad.

I've ranted about this before and this is as good a place as any to do it again. Few things make me as sick lately as the absolute barrage of commercials by organizations offering to wipe out debt. I am sure you have all heard them, too, as they are constant on the radio and the tv now. Most of them go something like "Do you have over $10,000 in debt? Call us and we'll wipe out half of that! Get back the freedom you deserve and stop those creditors from ruining your life blah blah blah." Some of them have stooped so far as to put the American flag and/or eagle in the background as if to say nothing could be more American than getting an easy way out of your debt that you brought upon yourself.

Is it any wonder the economy is where it is when people(most of whom are morans anyway) are continually fed enabling messages to just keep spending irresponsibly and then look for someone to throw them a bailout when it comes time to pay the piper? What a friggin joke! :wacko:

What is even worse is that these commercials insinuate it is a government funded bail out, and just like the banks did, come ang get yours!

"If you are an American citizen, we are pleased to announce that it is your turn to recieve a bail out under our governement approved program."

It is so misleading, and blatantly so, but there are just too many stupid people who think these rip off companies are actually using federal funds to bail them out of debt. It makes me puke.

What is even worse is that these commercials insinuate it is a government funded bail out, and just like the banks did, come ang get yours!

"If you are an American citizen, we are pleased to announce that it is your turn to recieve a bail out under our governement approved program."

It is so misleading, and blatantly so, but there are just too many stupid people who think these rip off companies are actually using federal funds to bail them out of debt. It makes me puke.

I wonder when the screaming Weiner will get a stiffie over that like he did for Goldline advertising on the Glenn Beck show. Probably never. Telling people about opportunities in gold is inherently evil while peddling rip-off loans through deceptive advertising tactics is okee-dokee. Got it. At least we have our priorities straight.

NAACP routinely reports racism worse than ever, newspapers reporting wars going worse than ever, terrorism threats, global warming, the latest pandemic du jour being pushed by drug companies, kids getting fatter, death around every corner, collapsing currencies, blah blah blah. No-one is ALLOWED to be happy any more in the cacophonous blast of negativity from everywhere. No wonder your parents feel that way - they have been eroded and worn down by the endless drone of manufactured despair.

Well said. :wacko:

Hell, I'm happy as a clam to wake up on the right side of the turf each morning. I tend to take it from there. If the glass is half empty, it is also half full. I really don't think there are more idiots now as say 20 years ago. I just think there are more people and more media to show off the idiocy. I tend not to have time for idiots. That doesn't mean they won't still be around though.

Hell, I'm happy as a clam to wake up on the right side of the turf each morning. I tend to take it from there. If the glass is half empty, it is also half full. I really don't think there are more idiots now as say 20 years ago. I just think there are more people and more media to show off the idiocy. I tend not to have time for idiots. That doesn't mean they won't still be around though.

yup

Basically sums it up.

Here is a link to an article that ran in yesterday's Strib. From the article:

The fastest-growing area of complaints, according to the Consumer Federation? Foreclosure-rescue scams. In most cases, these scams occur when bad actors claim they can save your home from foreclosure for an upfront fee, but then fail to deliver on that promise.

Also...

Scammers thrive in recession

For Grieman of the BBB, some of the most concerning issues facing consumers are in areas that don't make the group's top 10 list. Tough economic times bring the scammers out in full force. And because people tend to be more desperate when unemployment is high and credit is tight, more people fall victim to their pitches. She shared heart-breaking stories about Minnesotans who lost thousands because they were convinced that if they wired money they really would receive winnings from a foreign lottery. Or the Grandma who was scammed by a person pretending to be someone's grandson in need of emergency cash. Or the unemployed worker that answered the bogus ad to be a mystery shopper.

"When people need to believe in something, they will," she said.

Are you kidding me?! They should change the saying to "There are many suckers born every minute." :wacko:

I have ZERO sympathy for people who get duped by the "You've Won A Foreign Lottery" or "You're An Heir To The Fortune of Country X's Royalty", etc, nor do I have any for anyone who gets duped while trying to get their debt wiped out as many of these scams claim. Stupid and/or falsely entitled people who feel they shouldnt have to pay their bills... :tup:

Wurd.

Are you kidding me?! They should change the saying to "There are many suckers born every minute." :wacko:

I have ZERO sympathy for people who get duped by the "You've Won A Foreign Lottery" or "You're An Heir To The Fortune of Country X's Royalty", etc, nor do I have any for anyone who gets duped while trying to get their debt wiped out as many of these scams claim. Stupid and/or falsely entitled people who feel they shouldnt have to pay their bills... :tup:

I read that yesterday too. Heartbreaking? I damn near choked laughing while eating breakfast. I wish I knew who these people are so I could scam them myself with some made-up email. A fool and his money are soon parted.

I read that yesterday too. Heartbreaking? I damn near choked laughing while eating breakfast. I wish I knew who these people are so I could scam them myself with some made-up email. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Maybe look one post above yours. :wacko: