[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

8TH PICK

Nate3422

Okay guys just trying to figure out the obvious who should I take with the 8th pick in my 12 man league. Here are some picks that I think will be available at 8 that interest me

Randy Moss

DWILL

Shonn Greene

Possilby Michael Turner (never catches passes)

Steven Jackson

Mendenhall

Im sure you can figure out who the others that are ranked after these guys are that will be there. What are yalls suggetions? I have thought about going Moss then best back when it snakes back around or even best wr depending on who is still there. So far im thinking best case is going rb/wr or wr/b with the first 2 picks. I like how Shonn Greene ended the season and the Jets will run the ball but is this to high for him? Is 8 to high for Moss considering his age? If Gore or A Johnson happen to fall im taking one of them but I think they will both be off of the board. Lets here some of your opinions guys, Thanks!

Assuming lineup reqs are what is posted in your sig, then I like SJax or DWill there. Both have strong upside in a PPR league, and with only 2 WRs required, you can afford to pass on Moss here and look at a guy like Wayne/Jennings/Austin (I'm not high on him, but he is regularly ranked in this range) in the 2nd, providing a nice balance for your top RB and WR.

A guy I like that I feel is undervalued is Ryan Grant this year. I personally would consider him as early as the 8th pick, but, if you go Moss with the 8 he is a back that I have also seen slipping a bit and may be there in the 2nd for you as well.

Greene should be solid, but he had a whopping 0 catches last season. Really hurts his value in a PPR league.

Turner caught more passes last year (5) than Green caught so far in his entire pro and college career (ok ok, neither of them are going to be a big factor in full PPR).

I'd go RB in that spot personally, I think you can grab a strong WR on the turn, though obviously it depends on who's gone before you -

For me I'd rank it:

Steven Jackson

Mendenhall

Turner

Though the buzz is that Turner is going to be more involved in passing game this year...if he stays healthy and that's the case and he goes into the 20-30 catch range that boosts him up considerably

Agree with all of the above, and it gives me affirmation for my PPR local where I also pick 8th and plan to go RB first. I've seen some good RBs slip to that 2.05 in mocks, but it seems your far more likely to land a top WR with your second, while RB can get thin in a hurry.

With SJax finally having a clean-bill of health, he's my likely pick there (assuming Turner is gone in my local. If he's available to you, I'd take him over SJax. Any catches would just be a bonus, on top of yardage and a bunch of TDs). Grant is another good option, but BC is right that he's getting overlooked enough to where he might be more of a second round value, and reach at 1.08.

Only questions about SJax are his durability and ability to score TDs in that offense, but he'll definitely be the focal point there, and is my BPA at 1.08 right now, right behind AJ and Turner.

I'm in the same boat with the 8th pick. Ugly pick. I feel that S Jax will be there and honestly, I don't want anything to do with him. He's on a horrible team where he is the only weapon, he gets hurt all the time, and last year he scored 4 touchdowns. His yardage was great, but I need touchdowns to win every week and he just doesn't produce in that offense. I could grab DWILL at 8 and Ausitin on the way back. Anyone with any advice, please chime in.

I'm in the same boat with the 8th pick. Ugly pick. I feel that S Jax will be there and honestly, I don't want anything to do with him. He's on a horrible team where he is the only weapon, he gets hurt all the time, and last year he scored 4 touchdowns. His yardage was great, but I need touchdowns to win every week and he just doesn't produce in that offense. I could grab DWILL at 8 and Ausitin on the way back. Anyone with any advice, please chime in.

I am at 10 in a 12-team and just did my first mock, the guy at the 8th spot I had taking DWill then Austin...just came out that way.

Nate, I have them ranked:

Turner / DWill / SJ / Mendy

but that is in a non-PPR format, so Turner would have to come down and DWill would be my selection there.

A guy I like that I feel is undervalued is Ryan Grant this year. I personally would consider him as early as the 8th pick, but, if you go Moss with the 8 he is a back that I have also seen slipping a bit and may be there in the 2nd for you as well.

I had the 11th in a 16 team MSHB II and took Grant (Moss was not available). I feel the same about him as you do. Especially in TD heavy leagues.