[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12th pick or 6th pick - 12 team league

bounce

We just drew positions, and I got 12th out of 12. It's out of range for a top tier RB (AP, CJ, MJD, Rice), but could be within range of a DWill, Mendenhall, etc. However, I could lock up two top WRs with it, as well. Like a Fitz/Austin or Wayne/Fitz combo. What's the best strategy?

Better for a RB/WR or a WR/WR combo?

I ask about the #6, because a guy offered to swap spots throughout. 6th is still out of range of a top RB, so I think I may stay. Thoughts?

At the #12/13 spot, I'd probably go RB/WR unless 9 or 10 RBs come off the board before your pick. In that case, I'd be tempted to go WR/QB and know that I have a top player in each of those spots. Without knowing your scoring, I will guess that 1 or 2 QBs will probalby go in the first and 1 or 2 WRs as well. So you are probably going to be looking at Mendenhall/DWil/Shonn Greene as a RB and Wayne/Moss/CJ/Fitz as a WR. Not bad. The 36/37 picks are crucial for this draft spot so maybe Romo/Schaub/Rivers and the best RB or WR available.

I like the 6 spot normally because you can pounce on a decent RB if 1 or 2 teams in front of you go QB or WR. Otherwise, you can go AJ/Gore/Turner and swing back with a QB or WR or maybe a decent #2 RB if enough people go with QB and WR in front of you. After the first 6 rounds or so, the 6/7 spot is my preferred spot since you usually aren't left out of any runs on players like TE or DEF.

How about some help with mine

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=324537

I usually end up picking in the middle of the round and prefer that to the end of the round. I think you can capitalize on mistakes made by owners that the end of the rounds that are panicing because they have to make two picks very quickly. I'm actually picking 12th in a 12 team PPR league as well this year and I'm trying to determine my strategy as well. Right now I'm thinking best WR/RB, but if Johnson, Moss, and Wayne/Fitz are drafted before the 12th pick (which I have seem happen in some mock PPR league drafts) I may be tempted to go RB/RB and load up on WR in later rounds.