[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cut and Paste there league point system

HI guys,

Just wondering if someone could cut and paste the point system they use for they're league. I've been playing with numbers for ever and can't seem to get it right. Just like to have a good point system from a league that thinks they have the best combination

I've looked at it. But doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for. We've had a league since 2005. Just never really liked the scoring system. Plus I've been thinking that football has changed a bit since then. Not that many one man shows when it comes to RB's. It's hard seeing a guy run in 2 TD's but only have 20yrs rushing for the game. While the other guy Runs 100 yrds and makes less points. But when i play with that. It makes it unequal with other positions. So I've been back and forth. Just wondering if anyone out there has a TRIED and TESTED point system.

Our scoring system is based on, if the player had a good game then the would get the most points:

For QB's--- they have to have 200 combined yards before they get any points--2pts

Then 2 addtional points for each 50 yards afterwards.

RB/WR--- 2pts when they hit 75 combined yards, and 2 addtional points for each 25 yards afterwards.

5pts passing TD

6pts rush/receiving TD

thats a brief outline how one of my leagues scoring works...

You may think that there may be alot of ties...but there isnt, since 1999 i think there has only been 4..

Compared to my other leagues that are standard scoring, this one can be the most frustrating..

because there were games last year where quality players would put up very low points....but again they had a bad actual NFL games so that was reflected in fantasy.

Our scoring system is based on, if the player had a good game then the would get the most points:

For QB's--- they have to have 200 combined yards before they get any points--2pts

Then 2 addtional points for each 50 yards afterwards.

RB/WR--- 2pts when they hit 75 combined yards, and 2 addtional points for each 25 yards afterwards.

5pts passing TD

6pts rush/receiving TD

thats a brief outline how one of my leagues scoring works...

You may think that there may be alot of ties...but there isnt, since 1999 i think there has only been 4..

Compared to my other leagues that are standard scoring, this one can be the most frustrating..

because there were games last year where quality players would put up very low points....but again they had a bad actual NFL games so that was reflected in fantasy.

Ya, it is frustrating when your star player get's out scored because of a few TD's by another guy.

There has to be a perfect scoring system out there. And I still want to hear more. But I do like what you guys are doing.

There are so many ways to score FF it is tough to suggest a 'perfect system' since only you & your league owners can decide what is 'perfect' for you. Since however, it seems that one focus behind your desire to tweak your league's scoring system is to limit the FF impact of the 'TD vulture' situation, below are a number of random suggestions for you to consider, any or all of these might tend to reward the 'every down' player more than the 'situational player' or 'TD vulture' player - if that is really your objective:

- add PPR in some format; my personal preference is 1/2 PPR for all positions, since it does not totally skew or devalue TDs or the typical yardage scoring, ie 1/25 pass & 1/10 rush-recv

- if you add PPR but want to increase or equalize the overall FF value of certain positions, award higher PPR for those positions, ie 1/2 PPR in general, but 1 PPR for TEs

- implement some sort of 'long range' scoring reward, ie rush-recv TDs of 35+ yards are worth 7 points, TDs of 50+ yards are worth 8 points, etc ... while TDs of <35 yards are worth the traditional 6 points ... you can make similar tweaks to passing TDs for QB scoring if you like

- along the lines of the above 'long range' scheme, if limiting the value of the 'TD vulture' is the goal, you could keep all rush-recv TDs at the traditional 6 points ... unless they are scored from 'close range', ie TDs scored from 9-5 yards are only worth 5 points, TDs from 4-2 yards are worth 4 points & one-yard TDs are worth 3 points or even less if you really want to get carried away

- as has been mentioned, implement a yardage threshold bonus points scheme, ie 300+ yards passing = 1 bonus point or 100+ yards rush-recv = 1 bonus point, etc

- award points per carry for RBs at certain 'activity' thresholds, ie 15+ carries = 1/2 bonus point, 20+ carries = 1 bonus point, 25+ carries = 1.5 bonus points, etc; likewise for WR/TE positions (using PPR or not) add bonus points at reception thresholds, ie 3 catches = 1/2 bonus point, 5 or 7 catches = 1 bonus point, 10 catches = 1.5 bonus points & so on - tweak as needed or desired

Anyways, I'm not saying I am in favor of any/all of the above suggestions, again since only you & your league owners can decide what scoring scheme is right for your league ... but the ideas are offered as food for thought, maybe you can mix & match any (or none) of these suggestions as you see fit.

If it helps at all, my local league has used these pretty traditional rules (summarized) for several years & are content with them:

Passing: 1/25, TD=4, XP thrown=1

Rush-Recv: 1/10, TD=6, XP scored=2

PPR: 1/2 PPR, all positions

PK: All FG=3 points, all XP=1 point

Def/ST: TD=6, Turnover=1 point, Sack=1/2 point, Safety=2 points

Def: Points Allowed=plus FF points:

... 0 points allowed +6

... 2-6 points allowed +4

... 7-10 points allowed +3

... 11-17 points allowed +2

... 18-24 points allowed +1

... over 24 points allowed +0

Edited by ts

Mine for my new dynasty league I am creating this year is as follows (we use IDP as well)

SCORING (All scores carried out to the hundredth)

Passing

1 point per 20 yards passing (.05 per passing yard)

4 points per TD pass from 1-39 yards

6 points per TD pass from 40-99 yards

2 points per 2 point conversion

Minus one point (-1) per interception thrown

Rushing

1 point per 10 yards rushing (.1 per rushing yard)

6 points per TD run from 1-39 yards

9 points per TD run from 40-99 yards

Receiving

1 point per 10 yards receiving (.1 per receiving yard)

1 point per every reception (TE gets 1.25 per reception)

6 points per TD reception from 1-39 yards

9 points per TD reception from 40-99 yards

Kickers

1 point per extra point

3 points per FG up to 30 yards and .1 per every yard after 30 yards

Defense

1 point per 4 defensive tackles (.25 each) (Defensive players only)

1 point per Forced Fumble

2 points per Fumble Recovery (from opponent)

2 points per Safety

4 points per Sack

5 points per Interception

6 points per Defensive TD

Special Teams/Recovery Plays

6 points per any return/recovery TD (Kickoff, Punt, Blocked Punt, Blocked FG, Missed FG, Offensive fumble recovery)

Mine for my new dynasty league I am creating this year is as follows (we use IDP as well)

SCORING (All scores carried out to the hundredth)

Passing

1 point per 20 yards passing (.05 per passing yard)

4 points per TD pass from 1-39 yards

6 points per TD pass from 40-99 yards

Minus one point (-1) per interception thrown

Rushing

1 point per 10 yards rushing (.1 per rushing yard)

6 points per TD run from 1-39 yards

9 points per TD run from 40-99 yards

Receiving

1 point per 10 yards receiving (.1 per receiving yard)

1 point per every reception (TE gets 1.25 per reception)

6 points per TD reception from 1-39 yards

9 points per TD reception from 40-99 yards

Kickers

1 point per extra point

3 points per FG up to 30 yards and .1 per every yard after 30 yards

Defense

1 point per 4 defensive tackles (.25 each) (Defensive players only)

1 point per Forced Fumble

2 points per Fumble Recovery (from opponent)

2 points per Safety

4 points per Sack

5 points per Interception

6 points per Defensive TD

Special Teams/Recovery Plays

6 points per any return/recovery TD (Kickoff, Punt, Blocked Punt, Blocked FG, Missed FG, Offensive fumble recovery)

Hey guys, Thanks A lot. I just wanted to make things alittle bit more intersting. I'll let you know how it's going. Thanks again for your advice.