[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help with Keepers (Jennings, DJax, Benson)

canuck

4 player keeper league. 6pts all touchdowns. 0.5 ppr

Starting lineups 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, Flex, TE, etc

Definitely Keeping: AP, P. Manning

Pick 2 of 3: Desean Jackson, Jennings, C. Benson

Right now I am leaning towards DJax and Jennings and dumping Benson. I dont pick till 1.12 which is really 5.12 after 4 rounds of keepers so best guess at RB's available at that point: Fred Jackson, Addai, Felix Jones, Bradshaw/Jacobs, Ricky Williams, Cadillac, etc...you get the picture. Based on who is keeping what players and the round 1 needs of each team I think there is a good chance 2 or 3 of the above will be there for the pick.

Do I stick with my top two WR and get a low end RB2 to pair with Peterson or do I keep Benson and hope to pick up a decent WR at 1.12. Could also use 1.12 to grab one of the top TEs (Clark, Gates, Gonzo).

I have to nail this as we are doing a ladder draft so dont pick again till 2.12.

Thanks!

Given that CedBen is 1 of the few RBs not expected to be in much of a RBBC situation, I'd be reluctant to drop him given what you propose will be the RBs available ... so unless you predict a large drop off in his production this year (as opposed to last season) or have some other concerns with CedBen (injury risk, whatever) I'd at least consider retaining him over Jennings for example. I'd expect it may be easier to replace a Jennings (or try for an elite TE) than replace a RB generally projected to see 275-300 carries this season.

Using whatever FF projections you trust, play out some scenarios & do the math - who do you expect to score more FF points this year ... a DJax-Jennings-Caddy (for example) combo, or a combo of DJax-CedBen-whatever drafted WR or TE you might get?

Edited by ts

How many QBs are being kept(likely to be kept)?

I'd be more than tempted to toss Manning back and lock in my RBs and WRs as you are probably more likely to find a QB that will score closer to Manning than you are to find an RB that will score close to Benson or a WR that will score with DJax/Jennings.

Can you work a pre-keeper announcement trade, maybe pickup a decent pick for one of these guys or combine Benson and one of the WRs for a better back?

My best guess on QB's kept would be: Arod, Brees, Brady, Rivers and P. Manning by me. I suffered years bouncing around with mediocre QB's trying to play matchups - I do like the comfort that Manning brings each week (except of course week 17!).

Tried to work a bunch of pre-keeper trades but the guys in my league are too tight on draft picks and the ones needing RB's are picking in the first couple of slots so have eyes on Matthews, Best, etc.

I have concerns about Benson only due to past performance - was last year a fluke or the trend going forward??

Based on my predictions I think the combo of Jennings and DJax + a cadillac or jacobs etc would have a higher fantasy total than benson+djax+ WR outside of top 20.

I just want to make sure I am not making a mistake throwing benson back and looking for other opinions.

thanks for the help!

bump because my keeper deadline is tonight

any more thoughts?

I am leaning towards keeping benson based on comments here but am I nuts to throw jackson back? Just got a late offer of a 5th round pick (my 10th back) for Jackson - have countered but should I take that over nothing?

I'd keep Manning/Peterson/Benson/Jennings. Jennings is more valuable than DJax due to the 0.5 PPR. And, given you can start three RBs with the flex spot, keeping two RBs is a great idea.

Given that you are set on keeping Manning (and it is a valid debate between him, Benson and DJax), I go with what SLGRAF suggests and I for sure take a 5th for DJax.... if you can negotiate something better, like say a 3rd and you throw in your 6th, then go for it.. remember, it is something for nothing.