[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB strategy

SLGRAF

I am drafting 5th in a ten team league. Would never take a QB as early as #5, so plan to take one of Brees/Rodgers/Manning, if they fall to #16, or, one of Brady/Schaub/Romo/Rivers if they fall to #25. Does this make sense, or should I wait another round before taking from that 2nd tier?

I'm also in a ten team league. I normally wait until the six or seventh round to draft a QB. You have to see how the draft flows. If QB's are flying off the board, you have to make a decision to grab one then or wait. In the end, it's up to you.

I often waited on drafting a QB in the past, but three of the top-4 teams in my fantasy league last year had Brees, Rodgers, and Manning (the other had Chris Johnson). I think after the first 7 QBs, there is a dropoff in production, so would like to take one of them. Just trying to figure out the latest I can likely have one fall to me.

I wait a bit, load up at WR/RB/TE and take Cutler/E Manning/Flacco type later

This is my general strategy, particular in a ten teamer and assuming it is not a start 2 QB league (or that there are not some strange QB scoring rules), however, you must be flexible if the opportunity presents itself. An example from last year (granted, 12 teamer, but the principle is the same), at WCOFF our group pegged Rodgers as a good value pick if he got out of the 3rd round. It so happened that the league was going RB heavy in the 3rd round, so Rodges fell and we were able to adjust our strategy accordignly and grabbed him. Turned out great. Obviously, if he had not panned out, it would look like a bust pick, but, if you see a great value slip, you have to be willing to adjust your plan accordingly.