[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hard Knocks

matt770

Anyone watch? I gotta tell ya, it is a great Penny Laneing show. That motherPenny Laneing Rex Ryan really tells it like it is. And holy diaper dirt, that whole Darrelle Revis mess? That guy is a greedy worry wart. Yellow Submarine is up with Namath? Dude looks like a Penny Laneing 80 year old lady. Must be all the booze and my little buddy from his younger days taking their toll. My favorite part of the show continues to be the walk-on players working their Penny Laneing asses off to make the team. Usually they end up getting Penny Laneed right in the Adam's Apple, but sometimes you get the inspirational against-the-Penny Laneing-odds story.

(there is a lot of cursing this season)

I was wondering when someone would start a Hard Knocks thread. It's a pretty hot topic on a lot of boards, but here... not much interest.

Ryan's language would embarrass a sailor, but the players seem not to mind, with even Bart Scott saying "He talks like us, he acts like us..." and this morning Adam Schefler tweeted that players have told thier agents they want to play for Ryan after watching the show... tongue in cheek? Players do love playing for Ryan.

Namath sure shows his mileage, and he sure is quirky, but he still has a great sense of humor. In the QB meeting, a coach mentioned that Joe liked to have fun when he was a player. Namath siad "Oh, sure, I had a lot of fun on the field, off the field it was all work." It loses something in print, but the whole room cracked up.

Sure looks to me like Revis won't play this year.

Edited by Rovers

I was checking out Namath's daughter :wacko:

Yeah, she looks just like him.

I actually met Namath when I was 17 working at a place called Ames, sort of a lower budget Wal-Mart. He walks into the store wearing all green and white and a Jets hat. He was there buying wood screws. Seemed to really enjoy the attention and signing autographs.

The daughter was not that bad looking and I doubt anybody here would turn down the chance to bang Namath's daughter. I do think this Namath still loves the limelight and will do anything for it. It actually is kind of sad in a way.

The daughter was not that bad looking and I doubt anybody here would turn down the chance to bang Namath's daughter. I do think this Namath still loves the limelight and will do anything for it. It actually is kind of sad in a way.

From the few shots I saw, seemed like a nice body but most definitely a butter face. I agree that most red-blooded men would still smack it.

The Jets invite Namath up to NY all the time. They want him around. While not on the CS, I beleive he is on payroll. It's not an accident he was in on that QB meeting.

Ryan's language would embarrass a sailor, but the players seem not to mind, with even Bart Scott saying "He talks like us, he acts like us..." and this morning Adam Schefler tweeted that players have told thier agents they want to play for Ryan after watching the show... tongue in cheek? Players do love playing for Ryan.

I thought it seemed forced... Like he was over-cussing or something. I think players want to play for him based off of what I saw on the practice field. He's just a guy, a loud mouthed one at that, but doesn't walk around like he has a stick up his butt, or completely lost like Wade.

This is the first year that I have HBO during the season, so I'm kind of new to Hard Knocks. I set my DVR to record the season and watched my first last night. Pretty good stuff. It's cool to see behind the scenes stuff. I thought it was funny when the first night of camp, Rex drops off some paperwork to LT that has all the negative stories about how he can't still be productive. :wacko:

Rex may curse more than some professionals are used to, but I work with contractors that drop more F bombs than him so I'm overly surprised that they would be used on an NFL field with 20 somethings.

I thought it was funny when Scott kept calling Sanchez "Nacho".