[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crazy to take TE before your 1st WR?

drew6236

Would I be nuts to take, say Vernon Davis before any of these other options? Keep in mind, 14 more picks before I pick again.

Current team: Brees, AP, R. Grant.

10 team league, PPR (.5 per reception). 1 pt/10 yds and 6 pts/TD. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE

Best available WR at this point are:

Smith (Car)

Smith (NYG)

OchoCinco

Boldin

Bowe

S. Rice

Crabtree

V. Jackson

H. Nicks

Sims Walker

Depends on how many WRs you expect to be gone before your next pick (thus determining who you are likely taking as your #1 WR) and how many TEs you expect to see gone. At this point, you also estimate what you think the dropoffs will be from that pick to the next one. Figure out the grouping that you expect to produce the best total points for you and apply said reasoning appropriately

Agreed you need to see who other teams are likely to take in those next 14 picks. If you don't expect many WRs to go before you pick again it might not be a bad idea to take VD(sorry, bad abreviation). Did the teams picking next keep WRs and are now likely to take a RB or QB or did they all keep 2 rbs and a QB like you?

I dont think any of those receivers are so far above VD. I would think grabbing the best te off the board would be a decent idea. If he even comes close to his numbers last year then he out performs all of those wrs you listed.

Correction favre will make sidney a top 5 wr. I would lean towards taking Sidney......

Edited by CrimsonGhost