[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB strategy

SLGRAF

QB's tend to go a little earlier in my league than most, partly because we get 6 pts per passing TD. So, I am tentatively planning to snag one of Brees/Rodgers/Manning at #16, if available, or, one of Brady/Romo/Schaub at #25, if available. I really think there is a QB dropoff after that. Is that a reasonable QB strategy?

QB's tend to go a little earlier in my league than most, partly because we get 6 pts per passing TD. So, I am tentatively planning to snag one of Brees/Rodgers/Manning at #16, if available, or, one of Brady/Romo/Schaub at #25, if available. I really think there is a QB dropoff after that. Is that a reasonable QB strategy?

It appears from his signature he is drafting from the 5th pick with 10 teams in his league. My advice would that after utilizing your #1 pick for a top-notch RB to definately scour the draft board for a great QB...if Brees/Rodgers or Manning is available at the 16th pick, that would be a steal and I would 100% go for one of them. However if they are all snagged, get another tier 1 RB. At the 25th pick you should be able to find Brady/Romo/Schaub....however don't completely set your sights completely on those 3....I would also keep my eye on Rivers or Matt Ryan. Rivers is always a solid pick, and Ryan is going to have a great year...I gauren-damn-tee it.

It appears from his signature he is drafting from the 5th pick with 10 teams in his league. My advice would that after utilizing your #1 pick for a top-notch RB to definately scour the draft board for a great QB...if Brees/Rodgers or Manning is available at the 16th pick, that would be a steal and I would 100% go for one of them. However if they are all snagged, get another tier 1 RB. At the 25th pick you should be able to find Brady/Romo/Schaub....however don't completely set your sights completely on those 3....I would also keep my eye on Rivers or Matt Ryan. Rivers is always a solid pick, and Ryan is going to have a great year...I gauren-damn-tee it.

I know Rivers is being lumped into the same tier with Romo/Schaub/Brady by a lot of people, but I disagree, both because Vincent Jackson will miss some number of games, and because their running game will be in flux, transitioning from LT to Matthews. I could see Rivers having a slow start this season. As for Ryan, I would not want him to be an every week starter for me. If none of the QB's I listed are available in the 2nd or 3rd round, I will likely wait, and draft two QB's in the 7th-9th rounds, and one of those could be someone like Ryan, whom I would alternate with my other QB.

I'm in the same boat...for some reason QB's have always gone too early in my league.. i have a feeling that by the end of the second round the top six or maybe seven will be off the board...

I have usually always been one of the last to pick my starter QB in the 7th round or so, but last yeat i got screwed when teams were picking their backups before i had a chance....

So this year i am going to get one early...but if i don't get one, there is a great article in the Huddle main page "Quarterback by Committee" that i will follow later on in the middle rounds...

I used to always wait until the 5th-6th round to draft a QB, and hit a good one maybe every other year. Then, last year, I drafted Brady in the first round, and that really did not work out. So, I think drafting a top-6 QB in the 3rd round is a good compromise.