[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson at #6.?

RAIDER209NATION

AJ is a nice solid pick at #6. If you settle for the 6th best RB and try to take the best WR at 15 you might find yourself swimming in mediocrity pretty fast. I could be wrong, a guy like Austin or Marshall could be sitting there and you land a #1 WR with top 5 upside. If you take AJ, you can almost guarantee top 5 status (by the way, AJ shreds Indy) and then you can stay aggressive in rounds 2,3,4, etc. rather than chasing.

I have a draft sept 6th with the 6th pick as well. It's going to be Gore/AJ depending on what #4 and 5 do. If I were you I'd run some mocks with AJ, Gore, or someone else to start and plan out your best way of avoiding an average team.

btw, don't forget the value of the name. AJ will carry hugh trade value all year long if you feel the need to jettison him before facing the tough matchups at the end.

AJ is a nice solid pick at #6. If you settle for the 6th best RB and try to take the best WR at 15 you might find yourself swimming in mediocrity pretty fast. I could be wrong, a guy like Austin or Marshall could be sitting there and you land a #1 WR with top 5 upside. If you take AJ, you can almost guarantee top 5 status (by the way, AJ shreds Indy) and then you can stay aggressive in rounds 2,3,4, etc. rather than chasing.

I have a draft sept 6th with the 6th pick as well. It's going to be Gore/AJ depending on what #4 and 5 do. If I were you I'd run some mocks with AJ, Gore, or someone else to start and plan out your best way of avoiding an average team.

btw, don't forget the value of the name. AJ will carry hugh trade value all year long if you feel the need to jettison him before facing the tough matchups at the end.

This is exactly how I feel about the situation. Good post.

Had my draft on Sunday - AJ went #7

Top 10 -

Chris Johnson

Peterson

Jones - Drew

Rice

Gore

RYAN MATTHEWS

Andre Johnson

Brady

Mendenhall

P Manning

I thought that from Matthews on were odd picks.

Matthews st #6?? HAS to be a Chargers fan drafting there. I'm not knocking Matthews by any means, but #6 overall and someone took a rookie??? Not that it's relevant for this post, but I'm convinced Jahvid Best is the rookie RB to have this year. I haven't drafted in any of my leagues yet - but he's definitely someone I'm gonna be looking at hoping to swoop him up in the 3rd..