[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendenhall/Greene

delfamdelfam

both seem to be going late 1st/early 2nd who would you take? Mendenhall is the main back but Steelers o-line is bad and they don't have much of a passing game without Roethlisberger so there will be a lot of guys in the box.

Greene will share some carries with Tomlinson and has the best o-line but is injury prone and the Jets don't have much of a passing game so teams will put a lot of guys in the box.

Both guys seem similar and both have a lot of flaws, I'd try to stay away from them but if their the best value, who would you choose?

both seem to be going late 1st/early 2nd who would you take? Mendenhall is the main back but Steelers o-line is bad and they don't have much of a passing game without Roethlisberger so there will be a lot of guys in the box.

Greene will share some carries with Tomlinson and has the best o-line but is injury prone and the Jets don't have much of a passing game so teams will put a lot of guys in the box.

Both guys seem similar and both have a lot of flaws, I'd try to stay away from them but if their the best value, who would you choose?

I think it is mend by a fair margin. The line can only be better this year with pouncey and adams. Mend had a nice fantasy season last year and he was benched one game and did not start till about week 4. This year they are going to focus more on him and run. As for green i do like him but im not to sure about the jets. They sure are the sexy team right now but im not sure they even make the playoffs. Their oline is a question mark in my book.

I am a steelers fan.

I think it is mend by a fair margin. The line can only be better this year with pouncey and adams. Mend had a nice fantasy season last year and he was benched one game and did not start till about week 4. This year they are going to focus more on him and run. As for green i do like him but im not to sure about the jets. They sure are the sexy team right now but im not sure they even make the playoffs. Their oline is a question mark in my book.

I am a steelers fan.

Not sure I've seem Greene go before Mendenhall in any draft/mock I've done this year.

In my 2 drafts so far, Mendenhall as gone in the 2nd round in both while Greene went in the 3rd in one and the 4th in the other. Mendenhall is more of a known commodity as he did rush for over 1000 yards last season behind a suspect Steelers line. Greene has been very good in limited duty, but it remains to be seen if he can be a workhorse for 16 games.

It's funny how people are putting more stock in Mendenhall over Greene. No Roth the first 4 games of the season so most, if not all defenses will be stacking the line and forcing Pit to throw the ball and second, Pit is a pass first offense while the Jets had 607 rush attempts (and not slated to change so if even LT takes half, that's 300 carries for Greene) versus Pits 428 attempt.

So losing productivity in the first 4 games of the season and run 30% less than NYJ and have a worse offensive line.

All indications are that Greene should have a much better season then Mendenhall.

Mendenhall will get the majority of those 428 attempts while Greene has to split those 607 attempts with Tomlinson, so in the end it's about even. Also Sanchez hasn't proven he can throw and the Jets don't have good WR's so defenses will be stacking the box for both of them. That's why I think they are both fairly even, however I do favor Greene alittle more since Roethlisberger is out and Jets o-line is so good.

I wouldn't worry about Roth being out 4 games, Greene gets Balt, NE and Mia in the first three weeks so its no better for the Jets opening games. Mend will get the majority of the carries and Greene will certainly lose time to LT. I think Sanchez struggles this year a bit and teams do play 8 man fronts against them. PIT has better WRs and will have a better QB for 75% of the season. Take Mend.