[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just did a "QB Heavy Draft"

Avernus

8 team - 2QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1 D/ST (10 starters, 9 reserves) all TD's worth between 6-9 pts unless a player performs out of position, then the TD is worth 9-12 pts (IE: RB catches a TD, QB runs a TD) - PPR scoring and bonuses for 100 yds etc.

players will be listed in what round they were taken in the draft

Team 1

CJ

Fitz

Megatron

Cutler

Benson

Ochocinco

Da. Clark

Orton

Jets

Portis

Eagles D/ST

B Edwards

M Barber

Longwell

Mason

McFadden

VY

LT

Team 2

Rodgers

Turner

Romo

Colston

Mendenhall

Finley

Housh

Nicks

Felix

Dez B

SF D/ST

Wells

Z Miller (OAK)

McNabb

Akers

Carlson

Cotchery

Team 3

Brees

Gore

White

Grant

Boldin

Kolb

Garcon

Shiancoe

PThomas

M Wallace

Ron. Brown

Winslow

Ravens D/ST

Henne

Bironas

Floyd

Foirsett

S Rice

Caddy

Team 4

Rice

RMoss

Austin

DWill

Gates

Charles

Bowe

M Ryan

Stafford

Knox

Bradshaw

McGahee

M Bush

Ricky W

Crosby

Minny D/ST

Sanchez

Massaquoi

J Morgan

Team 5

P Manning

SJax

Favre

S Smith Car

Greene

Driver

VD

JStew

Sims-Walker

Big Bender

Jacobs

Berrian

Moreno

Steelers D/ST

Gostkowski

Devery H

Keller

Collie

Team 6

Schaub

MJD

Wayne

S Smith NYG

Eli

Welker

Mathews

Celek

McCoy

Sa Moss

TO

GB D/ST

Hightower

Meachem

DAnderson

Sproles

Olsen

Bears D/ST

Team 7

AD

Rivers

Jennings

Flacco

R Bush

Crabtree

Cooley

Forte

Maclin

Harvin

O Daniels

Evans

A Smith

S Holmes

Hartley

J Harrison

Jac Jones

Saints D/ST

Team 8

Brady

AJ

Marshall

DJax

Addai

Palmer

Witten

Foster

Spiller

Best

Ward

T Gonzo

Kaeding

Cowboys D/ST

Breaston

Garrard

Aromashodu

VJax

Bengals D/ST

:wacko::tup: :tup: :lol: :lol: :lol::(

Team 7 is my fave. Schaub 6th overall is nuts (esp considering Peterson was still there).

yeah, we changed the roster requirements to 2QB because of a few people being discarded and others not having enough money for the league this year....

teams 6 and 8 were new to this league as the others all had a minimum of 3 years in my league....but there was definitely an over-emphasis on the QB position where my team is significantly weak at because everyone else gobbled up QB's early...(team 4)

I already have at least one trade in the works and hopefully I can mold my roster at least a little bit before week 1...

but I definitely let everyone else eat up all the QB's early while I was able to get DWill in the 4th round which is crazy because I took two WR's before I took him myself...

I can't count how many times someone said "wow this is the craziest draft I have been in this year"

I actually like the team that Team 6 put together. Considering this is a start 2 QB, PPR league, it's a pretty strong lineup top to bottom

Schaub and Eli at QB

MJD and Mathews at RB with McCoy, Hightower and Sproles as depth (pretty solid for PPR)

Wayne, Smith (NYG) and Welker at WR

Celek at TE

Granted it is an 8-teamer so everyone is pretty strong, but that just jumped out as pretty solid at all spots.

I actually like the team that Team 6 put together. Considering this is a start 2 QB, PPR league, it's a pretty strong lineup top to bottom

Schaub and Eli at QB

MJD and Mathews at RB with McCoy, Hightower and Sproles as depth (pretty solid for PPR)

Wayne, Smith (NYG) and Welker at WR

Celek at TE

Granted it is an 8-teamer so everyone is pretty strong, but that just jumped out as pretty solid at all spots.

I do like his team better than mine as far as starters go even though I have better depth, but his team is better built to win right now than my team is...

he came right in and had a sound draft which was pretty tough to do since everyone was abuzz prior to the draft about which strategy to take and I kept saying that I was going to "take what the board gives me", but I kept finding value elsewhere and I let the QB position go for far too long...

I don't think this draft looks strange at all. You have to understand that changing it to 2 required starting QB's makes QB's more valuable than RB's. I would only consider CJ and AP over the top 6 QB's (Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Romo, Brady, Schaub). QB's are going to be you top point scoreres, and now you start just as many as RB's. Also, there's less change from year to year in the top 10 QB's compared to the to top 10 RB's. There's something to be said for taking someone like Manning over Rice or MJD. A bust in the first round can really ruin a FF season. With all this being said, I think you did okay getting Ryan and Stafford late. I would still try and make a trade to upgrade Stafford or Ryan to a top 8 QB. I think team 2 looks the scariest going into the season.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I don't think this draft looks strange at all. You have to understand that changing it to 2 required starting QB's makes QB's more valuable than RB's. I would only consider CJ and AP over the top 6 QB's (Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Romo, Brady, Schaub). QB's are going to be you top point scoreres, and now you start just as many as RB's. Also, there's less change from year to year in the top 10 QB's compared to the to top 10 RB's. There's something to be said for taking someone like Manning over Rice or MJD. A bust in the first round can really ruin a FF season. With all this being said, I think you did okay getting Ryan and Stafford late. I would still try and make a trade to upgrade Stafford or Ryan to a top 8 QB. I think team 2 looks the scariest going into the season.

with the league scoring, Rice was ahead of AP by 36 pts - and that's without playing the entire year as the starter for the first 6 games..

with the way this kid catches the ball, he could put up numbers close to Chris Johnson...if he were to finish the season, that is...

edit: I currently have a trade in the works for a QB anyways...

Edited by Avernus

this wasn't really for advice, it was meant to show a QB Heavy draft because there aren't many out there - it yields crazy results...and I didn't post rosters by position, players listed were by the round so you can get an idea where a player lasted in this system...

QB's went off the board like a stud RB used to...almost exactly because with my scoring, at least 1 or 2 QB's usually go in the 1st round...but no more than that..with a "QB Heavy" scoring system, everything changes..

also, I'd like to update that I moved Rice, Gates and M Ryan (team 4) for Rodgers, Finley and Felix (team 2)

I did what I had to do at RB to solidify my starting lineup...I wasn't able to assemble the team I wanted during the draft so I threw an offer at the team that had the most players that I had an idea for...and it worked out with me over-paying by a little, but I got what I needed to have a stronger lineup...