[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How did I do?

McBoog

First time I have ever posted a team here. Have NEVER used the strategy I did this year and feel pretty good about this group. It was exciting to “break out” of the “old/statndard” McBoog syle of drafting.

So… Waddaya think?

Pretty standard PPR League, 12-team, Serpentine Re-draft, No Ind ST Points.

Start 1 QB, 2-3RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, K, Def

I started from the 8 spot and had decided up front to go WR/WR (never done this before).

6 QBs gone by end of round two!

1.08 Moss, Randy NEP WR 8TH (AJ Already gone)

2.05 White, Roddy ATL WR 17th (Happy to take him here)

3.08 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB 32nd (Best on the board)

4.05 Smith, Steve CAR WR 41st (Hard to beat my top three at WR)

5.08 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 56th (Need to make up points at RB, I did it here with a top three TE)

6.05 Harrison, Jerome CLE RB 65th (Maybe a steal here for a starting RB???)

7.08 Driver, Donald GBP WR 80th (Quality bye depth, spot start)

8.05 Hightower, Tim ARI RB 89th (thought I was lucky to get him here. Not strong at RB)

9.08 Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 104th (Maybe a reach, but then, maybe not. AND I love LT)

10.05 Stafford, Matthew DET QB 113th (Some teams had started on their #2 QBs. Time to dive in)

11.08 Smith, Alex SFO QB 128th (Went “Tag team” QB Strategy when QBs gone early. Good combo!)

12.05 Sproles, Darren SDC RB 137th (I think he was great value here! Especially in PPR Format)

13.08 Amendola, Danny STL WR 152nd (Hit the mouse button on wrong player. Wanted Jacoby Jones)

14.05 Bears, Chicago CHI Def 161st (Others had taken 2 Ds already)

15.08 Chambers, Chris KCC WR 176th (Big Steal here IMO)

16.05 Rackers, Neil HOU PK 185th (As long as he sticks all year, could be a top 5 kicker)

I am actually pretty happy with this team though QB will be a guessing game every week.

Room in WR to cut a scrub (Amendola?) and get bye week fill ins at TE, K and Def.

RBs are average, but are all pass catchers and that helps in the PPR league.

I have the best WR group in the league by far. My biggest concern going so WR heavy is that is can be feast or famine and I have never gone this rout before, so I spiced things up.

I was very adaptable/patient at QB. The QBs I kept targeting at 7 and 8 seemed to go a pick or two ahead. Stafford and Smith could both be real good for me where I got them. Both passing teams with good skill players to support.

Looking at the other rosters, I think I am a top 3 team rolling into the season in the league (based on my 347 years of playing this game).

You know your league better than we do.

I'd like to see better QB's and RB's, but like Randy and Roddy at WR.

Stafford and Alex Smith both have nice potential, but have to prove it.

Pierre and Harrison aren't bad, necessarily.

Again, you know your league. Hopefully you'll be in the running to win it.

5.08 Davis, Vernon SFO TE 56th (Need to make up points at RB, I did it here with a top three TE)

8.05 Hightower, Tim ARI RB 89th (thought I was lucky to get him here. Not strong at RB)

9.08 Tomlinson, LaDainian NYJ RB 104th (Maybe a reach, but then, maybe not. AND I love LT)

10.05 Stafford, Matthew DET QB 113th (Some teams had started on their #2 QBs. Time to dive in)

Everybody's first 4 picks are "good" when the season hasn't started yet. So I prefer to rate how you carved Rounds 5-10. I think you were in the zone. :wacko:

JUM

Everybody's first 4 picks are "good" when the season hasn't started yet. So I prefer to rate how you carved Rounds 5-10. I think you were in the zone. :tup:

JUM

Why thank you sir! :wacko:

Weakness at QB. Strength at WR definitely. In a PPR league, Driver and Chambers are great pick-ups. 5 WRs in top 30 in a 12 team league awesome. Check out JUM's - QBBC page for help, it is going to be tough at QB for you. RB - LT could be a great pick up especially behind the Jets' O line. How will AZ play?, we will see. Sproles is a great pick-up that late. Watch the Wavier Wire for QB and RB help and a spot start here or there.

You are sunk. Too weak at RB. QB is precarious position as well.

My thought as well for the type of teams I have traditionally drafted. The draft was very weird. 6 QBs gone in the first 24 picks. Take that with the run on RBs early and a few of the top tier WRs, that left the pool of point producers in the WR/TE (Gates and Clarck went early) pretty thin, but still with great value. When I looked at what points I could get from Smith in round 4 and Davis in round 5, it was hard to pass them up in a PPR league compared to the likes of Bradshaw/Harrison type potential in these rounds.

After I scooped up Smith at the top of 4, this started a run on the lesser WR, leaving me Vernon Davis untouched (I was jazzed to get him where I did!). The WR frenzy continued while I was left Harrison at 6. This was a potential great sleeper pick here and I think with the loss of Montario Hardesty, I am hoping he can be closer to the monster at the end of last season then the dud his first few years. If he and Pierre just give me consistent points, nothing Hugh, I should be able to keep up with the receivers I have.

I like the potential LT and Hightower give me with possible injuries to their counterparts, but as a Charger fan, I know that Sproles is VERY hit and miss. Even if something happens to Ryan Mathews, it is my feeling that Mike Tolbert will get the bulk of the carries from scrimmage, not Sproles. Still, how can you NOT take him when he is sitting there in the 12th round?

My QB situation through the season will be up and down, but if I make it to the Playoffs, there are a couple of decent match-ups. As it stands NOW, if I get to the final, the Lions at the Rams, in a dome looks pretty tasty :tup:

The prime RBs are very spread out to all the teams and there is none that match my receivers. The biggest problem with WR heavy teams is that you can score 1000 one week and 4 the next. They are just not as consistent as RBs in point production. I think, for some reason, my group will compete and surprise. (Ya gotta believe until the season starts :wacko: )

I still love Rackers as my kicker!

Gonna be an interesting year as I have never had a team like this. Any more feedback would be appreciated! Thanx guys! :tup:

I actually love Stafford. IDK if I would want my season resting on his shoulder but I expect him to have a good year.

I picked up Jerome Harrison in the 10-15 rounds for all three of my teams so you may have paid a little too much for him. I think he can play tho although this preseason he hasn't looked very special. Lots of fumbles.

Pierre Thomas was streaky as hell last year. If he starts you got yourself a decent pick.

IMO it was tough luck on the draft. QBs and RBs put up the most points. In my league last year Chris Johnson put up 1.5 times what the best receiver did in Andre Johnson.