[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mason's Value Hit with Ravens Signing TJH?

slimshady31

Fellow Huddlers,

Wondering how much the Ravens signing of TJH is going to hurt Masons WR value. Mason is a decent #3 or bye week filler option at WR in PPR leagues, and now with TJH in there Flacco has more mouths to feed. Plus Housh is that short to mid-range receiving option so wondering how many catches per game hes going to vulture from Mason...

Yeah, I think it hurts, but it might not be so bad for the first part of the season, while TJ gets used to the offense. Flacco and Mason have a great rapport, and they trust each other, so I think Flacco will look Mason's way more in the beginning. That said, however, TJ is more athletic and more of a star receiver, so as he gets more comfortable, I think Mason's value will fall significantly.

I have Flacco and Mason, and was hoping from some double TDs this season. It's looking like Mason might spend a lot of time on my bench/end up on Waivers :P

Edited by Spooks

At this stage, I'd have to think the TJH signing hurts the production of the Ravens TEs and Clayton (or whomever the WR3 was supposed to be) more than it does that of Boldin or Mason ... I'd expect the latter 2 will get their fair share of targets whether or not TJH is in the game, a TE is in the game or whatever set the Ravens tend to utilize now that they have TJH as an option.

Yeah, I think it hurts, but it might not be so bad for the first part of the season, while TJ gets used to the offense. Flacco and Mason have a great rapport, and they trust each other, so I think Flacco will look Mason's way more in the beginning. That said, however, TJ is more athletic and more of a star receiver, so as he gets more comfortable, I think Mason's value will fall significantly.

I have Flacco and Mason, and was hoping from some double TDs this season. It's looking like Mason might spend a lot of time on my bench/end up on Waivers :P

Nope not gonna happen and if you think Mason isn't more athletic than TJ your crazy. Mason has good rapport with Flacco and TJ has proven he is no longer a star receiver in the league

It's too early to tell. It's gonna take Housh some time to learn the offense. Based on their previous success(es), I think Boldin & Housh are gonna draw more attention from the defense, leaving Mason in more 1-1 situations in turn boosting his value. He's the most veteran receiver on that team, and knows the plays better than Boldin/Housh, plus he's Flacco's go to guy.

Just my 2 cents, but I'm a happy D Mason owner!