[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sidney Rice

flicker

Sidney Rice is on PUP list and won't be made available after week 6 at the earliest. Most have him undrafted and some were able to stash him on their bench with the hopes that he can pick up where he left off from last season.

My question is whether this hip sugery worked and how long does it take to rehab and get to the point where he is physically almost the same as last season.

The other variable is whether Farve will make it throught the season to throw to Sidney and if not what kind of chemistry does Rice have with T. Jackson?

I think Rice will need a couple games to get back up to game speed, but I think the better question is whether Favre will be there when he gets back.

If Favre is there then I would expect at least a couple nice games from him towards the end of the season.

He has fantasy value this year, you're talking about a Pro-Bowl WR, he should be back in top game shape come the fantasy playoffs, having him on your roster for those games could make a hugh difference. Granted, that hinges on Favre still being able to walk by then......

He has fantasy value this year, you're talking about a Pro-Bowl WR, he should be back in top game shape come the fantasy playoffs, having him on your roster for those games could make a hugh difference. Granted, that hinges on Favre still being able to walk by then......

My thinking also.

After hearing from Judd Zulgad that Rice will be on crutches up into October I can't picture him playing at all this season. How can you rehab when you're on crutches? The season's only 17 weeks long anyway.

https://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/22114843629

Favre admitted that he did not think Sidney Rice was going to end up having surgery. Hearing Rice will be on crutches for 8 weeks.

2:54 PM Aug 25th via TweetDeck

If Rice is on crutches for 8 weeks - or specifically that means around Week 6, mid-October... then how the heck is he going to be ready to play professional football in November? Or December for that matter... the season's over on Jan.2.

JUM

Have him stashed on my bench as a keeper for this year and next. My league does not have an IR, so he's taking up a roster spot which I know is going to create problems for me in the near future. Don't want to drop him due to keeper status but with Favre almost definitely not coming back next year, thinking I may just drop him sooner than later.

After hearing from Judd Zulgad that Rice will be on crutches up into October I can't picture him playing at all this season. How can you rehab when you're on crutches? The season's only 17 weeks long anyway.

https://twitter.com/JuddZulgad/status/22114843629

Favre admitted that he did not think Sidney Rice was going to end up having surgery. Hearing Rice will be on crutches for 8 weeks.

2:54 PM Aug 25th via TweetDeck

If Rice is on crutches for 8 weeks - or specifically that means around Week 6, mid-October... then how the heck is he going to be ready to play professional football in November? Or December for that matter... the season's over on Jan.2.

JUM

1. Because "on crutches" does not mean "not bearing weight"

2. Because "on crutches" does not mean he is not strengthening and rehabbing (bike and pool work, etc).

If his strength is good, he'll be back by Thanksgiving in decent shape...

Ask, and you shall receive:

Sidney Rice - WR - Vikings

Sidney Rice (PUP, hip surgery) expects to be off crutches in about two weeks.

Rice did admit that he hasn't "set any dates, any goals" for a return to practice. He's ineligible to play before Week 7, and the Vikings have given no indication that they expect him to immediately return thereafter. September 13 - 4:41 p.m. ET