[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUGE Trade: Matt Schuabb and Steve Smith(NYG) For Andre Johnson and Joe Flacco...What Would You Do?

supadupafly87

Ok, so I'm in a 10 man ppr league. For QB's we get 6 points per td, 1 pt per completion, and another 1 point for every 25 yards. We also get a bonus 5 points at 300 yards, 10 pts for 350, and 15 for 400 yrds.

For Receptions, we get 1 pt per reception, 6 pts for everey td, 1 pt for every 10 yards, and get a bonus 5 pts at 125 yards, 10 pts at 150, and 15 at 200 yards.

I got offered Andre Johnson and Joe Flacco for Matt Schuabb and Steve Smith (NYG)...Should I do it?

This is what my team looks like.

QB- Matt Schuabb

WR-Roddy White

WR-Steve Smith(NYG)

WR-Percy Harvin

RB- Ray Rice

RB- Ryan Grant

TE- Owen Daniels

W/T- Mike Williams (Sea)

W/R- Knowshon Moreno

BN- Louis Murphy(WR)

BN- Eddie Royal(WR)

BN- Beanie Wells(RB)

BN- Chester Taylor(RB)

BN-Greg Olsen(TE)

The decision obviously rest on how good of a year I think flacco is going to have. With all these new weapons he's guarunteed to have a better year than last. But how much better. What would you do?

Ok, so I'm in a 10 man ppr league. For QB's we get 6 points per td, 1 pt per completion, and another 1 point for every 25 yards. We also get a bonus 5 points at 300 yards, 10 pts for 350, and 15 for 400 yrds.

For Receptions, we get 1 pt per reception, 6 pts for everey td, 1 pt for every 10 yards, and get a bonus 5 pts at 125 yards, 10 pts at 150, and 15 at 200 yards.

I got offered Andre Johnson and Joe Flacco for Matt Schuabb and Steve Smith (NYG)...Should I do it?

This is what my team looks like.

QB- Matt Schuabb

WR-Roddy White

WR-Steve Smith(NYG)

WR-Percy Harvin

RB- Ray Rice

RB- Ryan Grant

TE- Owen Daniels

W/T- Mike Williams (Sea)

W/R- Knowshon Moreno

BN- Louis Murphy(WR)

BN- Eddie Royal(WR)

BN- Beanie Wells(RB)

BN- Chester Taylor(RB)

BN-Greg Olsen(TE)

The decision obviously rest on how good of a year I think flacco is going to have. With all these new weapons he's guarunteed to have a better year than last. But how much better. What would you do?

Flacco will be a good QB this year, better than Romo IMHO, but Schuab will throw for nearly 5,000 yards and maybe 35+ TD's this year. I just see MONSTER numbers coming from Schuab this year.

But, after all is said and done, I think the trade is a fair trade for both. You absolutely gain in WR with AJ being the absolute PPR king and only a marginal hit at QB.

Now, if this was a 2QB starter league, I'd have to say no.

I don't know what I am missing, but i think you should NOT take this trade given this leagues scoring. I've played in leagues like this and QB scoring washes out the rest of the team to a large extent. 1pt/comp... That's insane!

A quick scan of projections (didn't see it on huddle so used ESPN)

Schaub = 389 comp, 4592 yds, 29 TDs. Flacco = 324 comp, 4008 yds, 24 tds.

AJ = 102 Recs, 1548 yds, 11tds. Smith NYG = 98 recs, 1188 yds, 6 tds

Without counting yardage bonuses MS > JF by 115 pts

Without counting yardage bonuses AJ > SS by 70 pts

Since the bonuses don't seem pretty even wr vs qb I think this trade is weighted strong to MS/SS side.

Obviously if scoring were more standard I would easily do this.

I don't know what I am missing, but i think you should NOT take this trade given this leagues scoring. I've played in leagues like this and QB scoring washes out the rest of the team to a large extent. 1pt/comp... That's insane!

A quick scan of projections (didn't see it on huddle so used ESPN)

Schaub = 389 comp, 4592 yds, 29 TDs. Flacco = 324 comp, 4008 yds, 24 tds.

AJ = 102 Recs, 1548 yds, 11tds. Smith NYG = 98 recs, 1188 yds, 6 tds

Without counting yardage bonuses MS > JF by 115 pts

Without counting yardage bonuses AJ > SS by 70 pts

Since the bonuses don't seem pretty even wr vs qb I think this trade is weighted strong to MS/SS side.

Obviously if scoring were more standard I would easily do this.

I wish I would have had you post this earlier today....I already Pulled the trigger :wacko: ...smfh

I wish I would have had you post this earlier today....I already Pulled the trigger :wacko: ...smfh

Sorry, saw post earlier but didn't have time to look stats up. It's not a big deal, it's only like 3 pts/wk and it's a high scoring league obviously. In leagues like this Its a big premium to land an elite QB.

Yes when scoring is flat across all boards it will favor QB's since they produce they most yards. I would still do this deal though. AJ is no doubt better than Smith. He is the lone receiver in HOU whereas Smith has Nicks close behind and Manningham still getting a good amount of looks. I am a huge fan of Schaub and I don't really like Flacco but with your case I would still probably pull the trigger. Flacco has so many more weapons this year that the difference in points based on last year's performance posted by Michigan13 will probably be less drastic.

Yes when scoring is flat across all boards it will favor QB's since they produce they most yards. I would still do this deal though. AJ is no doubt better than Smith. He is the lone receiver in HOU whereas Smith has Nicks close behind and Manningham still getting a good amount of looks. I am a huge fan of Schaub and I don't really like Flacco but with your case I would still probably pull the trigger. Flacco has so many more weapons this year that the difference in points based on last year's performance posted by Michigan13 will probably be less drastic.

that was based on projections not last yrs perf.