[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best, Spiller, Harrison pick two

DrSpade

Standard scoring PPR league. Need to pick two of the following for flex spots. I am already giving one spot to DeSean Jackson.

CJ Spiller - Explosive preseason but will likely split carries with Fred Jackson at least early in the season. The Phins are a strange team to predict, both offensively and defensively. Their offense may take some time to click putting the defense on the field more. Their secondary is shaky and their front seven have had significant turnover from last season. They will likely blitz frequently from several directions with Nolan as their coordinator, but they have not had time to gel and may give up the home run here and there although mostly to WRs so far.

Jahvid Best - Obviously he had a nice average during the preseason and makes some Sanders-like moves at times. I am not that educated about the Bears defense nor am I certain how much the Lions will use him the first week.

Jerome Harrison - exploded at the end of last year against marginal competition. He is the clear number 1 back now but Hillis may vulture some goal-line carries. I like the match-up against TB.

Tough to start two rookie RBs the first week of the season with a somewhat proven talent (Harrison) on the bench. Rookie RBs have to show they can pick up the NFL blitz, make decisions and go through the hole, and that they have the mentality to play the game at the NFL speed. I am leaning between Harrison and Spiller over both rookies because I am really not certain how much the rooks are going to play in week one.

Any advise or insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck on the season fellow Huddle members.

Standard scoring PPR league. Need to pick two of the following for flex spots. I am already giving one spot to DeSean Jackson.

CJ Spiller - Explosive preseason but will likely split carries with Fred Jackson at least early in the season. The Phins are a strange team to predict, both offensively and defensively. Their offense may take some time to click putting the defense on the field more. Their secondary is shaky and their front seven have had significant turnover from last season. They will likely blitz frequently from several directions with Nolan as their coordinator, but they have not had time to gel and may give up the home run here and there although mostly to WRs so far.

Jahvid Best - Obviously he had a nice average during the preseason and makes some Sanders-like moves at times. I am not that educated about the Bears defense nor am I certain how much the Lions will use him the first week.

Jerome Harrison - exploded at the end of last year against marginal competition. He is the clear number 1 back now but Hillis may vulture some goal-line carries. I like the match-up against TB.

Tough to start two rookie RBs the first week of the season with a somewhat proven talent (Harrison) on the bench. Rookie RBs have to show they can pick up the NFL blitz, make decisions and go through the hole, and that they have the mentality to play the game at the NFL speed. I am leaning between Harrison and Spiller over both rookies because I am really not certain how much the rooks are going to play in week one.

Any advise or insight is appreciated. Thanks in advance and good luck on the season fellow Huddle members.

Best will get lots of work.

Spiller will be the focus of the offense

Harrison is a solid option too but I think the other 2 guys are just way more talented. Look at it this way, Best was on his way to being a #1 overall pick before a freak injury derailed him. He still got picked in round 1 but might still have a big chip on his shoulder because lots of money separate the #1 pick from the 30th pick. Spiller was picked 9th overall. Montario Hardesty was drafted in round 2 @27 and was on his way to stealing Harrison's job. From a value standpoint the choice should be clear. As for week 1 I think the matchups and situations lean more to Best and Harrison but I'd still go with Best /SPiller. The Bucs rush D was the worst in the leaue last year but they have addressed that weakness and should be much improved in 2010.

Good Luck with the choice but you might be good in week 1 with any 2.