[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offer this trade?

Dazzlemaster

Yes, if I could move my 3rd best RB an my 4th Best RB for a guy who would become my best or second best RB, I would do that.

Brandon jackson will be good because he's in a great offense, but he's an average talent....Forte will not go off for 145 yards receiving each week and he looks like he always has running the ball, very pedestrian.

Take the deal and feel good about it

WD

Thanks for the comments. Im struggling with this trade. I offered it to him yesterday before Grant was out for the season. Now the trade isn't as favorable. I have it sitting as an offer for me now and want to make a decision soon. Do you think it is a close trade? Can I get some more opinions with some commentary also. Thanks again to all the experts.

I honestly don't know why you would be looking to upgrade your RBs. In a .5 point PPR where you can start 3 RBs, you have Rice, Thomas and Forte with GBs starting RB to back them up. I would look to try to upgrade your QB or WR situation.

My belief is that Jackson will never have more value than he does right now. Look at rosters in your league to see who has QB and WR depth and offer them. This deal does nothing to upgrade your weaknesses.

Edited by lkirc

I honestly don't know why you would be looking to upgrade your RBs. In a .5 point PPR where you can start 3 RBs, you have Rice, Thomas and Forte with GBs starting RB to back them up. I would look to try to upgrade your QB or WR situation.

My belief is that Jackson will never have more value than he does right now. Look at rosters in your league to see who has QB and WR depth and offer them. This deal does nothing to upgrade your weaknesses.

Good points. I still subscribe to the theory that RB's win you championships, so I like to have the best. The same guy has Jennings. Should I go for a straight up Jennings for Jackson instead? It seems like the responders are mixed on this isuse, which confirms my belief that this is not an easy decision.

It is a tough trade to turn down but since the only WR I would feel great about on your team is Welker. The KC passing attack didnt look so good Monday and not only that Bowe had a few bad drops. I would possibly consider trading either Forte while his stock might be a little higher after a big game last week or Jackson for an upgrade at WR. Anytime you can start Frank Gore and Ray Rice at RB its tough to turn down though pertiucarly since you also have Piere Thomas who is still an excellent RB3.

Edited by yolkix

This league is hard to get a trade done in, so there are not a lot of options to cash in on Jackson. This is the only one I have right now, and I am just about to pull the trigger and move forward. I'll keep starting Bowe till either Knox, or Williams breaks out or I can grap a WW pick or make another trade. I see this as an opportunity to upgrade, and don't want to lose out. Can I get a few more thoughts on this before I make a final ruling? :wacko:

This league is hard to get a trade done in, so there are not a lot of options to cash in on Jackson. This is the only one I have right now, and I am just about to pull the trigger and move forward. I'll keep starting Bowe till either Knox, or Williams breaks out or I can grap a WW pick or make another trade. I see this as an opportunity to upgrade, and don't want to lose out. Can I get a few more thoughts on this before I make a final ruling? :wacko:

Then pull the trigger man. Although the good point was made that there might be other trades that could improve your weaknesses, but upgrading your RBs helps you gain points too, and you're getting an awesome deal for a rare top feature back in Gore.

Pull the trigger now, because I think you're going to have a hard time finding a better trade for Brandon Jackson after the honeymoon is likely to be over after next week. Let them marry the unproven RB, while you upgrade your RB corp.

thats a tough one, your giving up two feature backs for 1, albeit a good one........ I see Forte being a top 10 back gain due to how Martz will use him (just like M. Faulk who averaged 80+ catches with him pretty valuable in PPR league) and there isn't anybody else to leach carry's off Jackson but your pretty deep to where he wont play much anyway.............. if you do it is HIllis or somebody with potential left on WW to replenish some depth?

thats a tough one, your giving up two feature backs for 1, albeit a good one........ I see Forte being a top 10 back gain due to how Martz will use him (just like M. Faulk who averaged 80+ catches with him pretty valuable in PPR league) and there isn't anybody else to leach carry's off Jackson but your pretty deep to where he wont play much anyway.............. if you do it is HIllis or somebody with potential left on WW to replenish some depth?

Hillis is not available. RB's are pretty picked over. I had drafted Jackson with my last pick, so he was on my roster. I could ask for LT in the trade.

This mainly depends on how you feel about Forte. He had an excellent week 1. It's hard to say whether or not he will keep that up, but I actually think you're fine hanging onto Forte and using Jackson for trading fodder to get a WR. You really need WR help, and if you do a 2-for-1 trade now, you won't have anything to use to upgrade at WR. I'd even offer this owner Jackson and Bowe for Jennings. That actually makes your team stronger because Gore + Bowe isn't as good as Forte + Jennings IMO.

ETA - John Kuhn will get goalline carries. I don't think the Packers will have Brandon Jackson in there inside the 5 yard line. You could also use Jackson as a way to upgrade at QB if you can't upgrade at WR. Jackson and Ryan for Schaub (if your Schaub owner is freaked about the crappy 107 yard game he just had).

Edited by MTSuper7

This mainly depends on how you feel about Forte. He had an excellent week 1. It's hard to say whether or not he will keep that up, but I actually think you're fine hanging onto Forte and using Jackson for trading fodder to get a WR. You really need WR help, and if you do a 2-for-1 trade now, you won't have anything to use to upgrade at WR. I'd even offer this owner Jackson and Bowe for Jennings. That actually makes your team stronger because Gore + Bowe isn't as good as Forte + Jennings IMO.

ETA - John Kuhn will get goalline carries. I don't think the Packers will have Brandon Jackson in there inside the 5 yard line. You could also use Jackson as a way to upgrade at QB if you can't upgrade at WR. Jackson and Ryan for Schaub (if your Schaub owner is freaked about the crappy 107 yard game he just had).

Im working real hard to trade Jackson + Bowe for Jennings. Problem is he doesnt like Bowe. Im not willing to give Welker in the deal. Im trying to get creative. He also has Boldin, but I don't want to trade straight up for Boldin. Maybe a Boldin + LT for Jackson?