[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite tools

BeeR

I have many awesome tools. My fav would be my Makita 12" compound slide saw. Bought it off amazon years ago for about $700 (list was over $1200)... worth every cent. For you tool guys, this deal is just too damn good to be true... a $600+ drill for $20 http://www.amazon.com/Factory-Reconditione...0558&sr=8-1

You'll need a battery and a charger (can get them off e-bay), but this drill is most excellent. Since I already had a 24V Makita saw I picked one up... quality.

I'm at work so ebay is blocked, but roughly what would a battery and charger run me off of ebay?

Although I rarely get to use it, my Bore Scope is my favorite. Works really well when checking internal engine components for damage.

Also WV is right on with the Snap On air tools except that I prefer the Ingersol and Rand impact guns. It's funny because each manufacturer seems to have their niche in one particular air tool for me. Matco 1/4 drive air ratchet. Snap On 3/8 air ratchet. IR 3/8 and 1/2 impact. Mac air hammer. And Mac 1 inch impact. That's what is in my tool box.

I'm at work so ebay is blocked, but roughly what would a battery and charger run me off of ebay?

Depends on how long you want to wait. The charger is about $100 and the battery is from $80 for a 1.7A and upwards of $180 for a 3A. This is a quality drill, and if you buy a used 24V tool on e-bay with a dead battery and charger, then if you buy a new battery you have both the new tool and drill. This drill is heavy duty. I've burned out a $200+ Craftsman drill mixing mortar, and this thing is solid. For $20 it's just too damn cheap not to buy. Note also the saber saw is cheap on e-bay too... about $45. Makita is discontinuing them, so they won't last very lonmg at these prices.

The Rotozip is an awesome tool for many purposes. The marble bits are expensive ($20) but nothing else does what this will do if you need to drill a hole.

edit to add: that last sentence is a set up.

The rotozip is great when you're doing sheetrock work. Or you want to carve your initials in something.