[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post Deadline Vincent Jackson Thread

dsagen

You gotta love the quote by Jackon's agent about AJ. Them's fightin words.

It's also pretty stupid assuming that this agent either has or will have other clients that are Chargers. Just because this negotiation doesn't work out doesn't mean you can't get him the next time. If I'm a Charger player and that guy is my agent he gets fired today. How is he going to negotiate my next deal after publicly slamming my owner? You won't catch Boras doing that.

I did not think VJ was under contract. I thought he had played out his contract and was a restricted free agent. The chargers, I thought made a tender offer and VJ refused to sign the tender. If VJ's contract had expired you could say he was stupid for not signing the 1 year tender but he clearly wanted a long term deal and the security that it provided. I'm just going from memory so if I'm wrong about VJ's contract status and the tender I apologize.

This

But how do you pass up 3 million plus after getting pulled over before a playoff game, blasting the stereo driving on a suspended license. Two DWI issues. The Chargers wanted him to fly straight for at least ONE year before rewarding him with the long term.

He is a dipwad for not signing that deal and loses value with every passing game around 300 yards Rivers has.

Who REALLY knows what was on the table for the Chargers to take a trade? If it was a 2, I would have pulled the trigger, but then, I am not a GM who has advanced a team to the divisional round of the playoffs for four straight years. :wacko:

Edited by McBoog

I think Jackson will poo-poo the "Report by week 10 to get credit for an accrued season" thing.

Why would he play 6 games for $600,000 and then risk a torn ACL? It's all gone so badly for him that he's almost driven to write the whole year off.

Adam Schefter

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/statuses/25363072844

RT @louieesposito: so is Marcus McNeill done in San Diego? Same with VJax? ... Would be surprising to see either play for SD this season.

I think AJ was stupid. VJ was an idiot. AJ should have traded VJ to MIN for the picks with making the conditional pick upto a 2nd rounder if VJ performs at some super high level, like 100,1, every game fore MIN. In other words he should have be willing to deal for that conditional pick. Now it stands that SD loses VJ for very little since VJ has not signed his tender offer. $3 million sounds like a lot but for a good WR at a #1 or #2 level it is low. So I feel VJ was within his rights to ask for more and not wait til next year and the possible lock-out (shut down) and risk losing a vastly larger sum of money next year if he signed this low tender offer. AJ should have been smart an offered a reasonable sum for their #1 WR. AJ was petty when VJ asked to negoiate and AJ stonewalled. When AJ finally said okay he was unwilling to budge from his position in any way and then set a high trade value as a #1 WR (2 -2nd round picks) which leads me to this: AJ, if that is the value you place on him then why are you not willing to pay him at that value? The answer is simple, AJ is a tightwad, he wants #1 performance at a position for mid to low pay (#3 and lower). In Football, this gets you nowhere.

Edited by ajh2

Absolutely freakin' hilarious! :lol::lol::(:(:(

Pass on Ben Roethlisberger and he wins 2 Super Bowls.

Draft Eli Manning and trade him and he wins a Super Bowl.

Draft Drew Brees and let him go as a free agent. And he wins a Super Bowl.

At least they got Phillip Rivers. :lol:

WOW! :tup:

Who would have thought the Chargers could have signed Trent Dilfer in 2000 as a FA and won a Super Bowl? :tup:

I am deee-pressed! :wacko: