[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My Vetoed trade

jhm

People are jaded by Mike Martz coming to Chicago, and more often than not, with good reason. Cutler's been great thus far, and he's had targets in Hester, Aromoshadu, Knox, and Bennett, not to mention Forte. I understand it's early but you should bet on Cutler doing great. Ochocinco relies on Palmer to do well, and if he doesn't, good ol' 8-5 won't either.

This is crazy talk. What is wrong with that trade?

People need to get over themselves and let owners run their own teams. Who is getting screwed here? Cutler isn't exactly Peyton Manning.

This crap pisses me off and I don't even know who you are....

I see nothing wrong with the trade. My experience has been that certain individuals block trades just to prevent people from improving their teams. Call it strategy or gamesmanship, whatever. I don't agree with it. My league's commissioner has final say on all transactions and we've never had an issue with collusion.

The best way I have experienced to deal with trades is to have someone not in the league be the commish and have final say on trades.

I commish a league I am not in and a buddy commishes one of my leagues he is not in. No conflict of interest. We have never had a trade vetoed in 8+ years in either league.

By the sounds of it, I think you had an unfair bias against you.

I think your trade is completely fair.

Here is my extra two cents: As a commissioner in my league, I have come across a number of questionable trades that I have allowed. I have allowed them because the primary criteria that i look for is if the two owners are performing an act of collusion. If they are not, then push the trade through. We are all adults. We all are acting as GM's of our respective teams. We have the freedom to make any trades that we want to help pur ourselves in the best possible position to win.

That should be the only criteria should be considered.

Edited by Allways a bridesmaid