[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vetoing Trades

jbran23

I see an unwarranted veto coming up in my league and I want to be able to link this thread to my league so everyone can read it so the more people with unbiased opinions that comment the better. What are your feelings on vetoing trades and what is your league policy? Thanks guys.

Edited by jbran23

In our league, you object about a trade to the commissioner, then he puts it up to the league for a vote. I think if a majority of league members think a trade is out of whack, canceling it is reasonable. But, to me "out of whack" means blatantly collusive, and not just one guy fleecing another dumber guy.

No trade should ever be vetoed unless obvious provable collusion exists. I don't play in leagues where other members have the power to vote down a trade. I've been doing FF for 20+ years, been commishing my local for 10 years and have commished numerous other leagues at one time or another. In all those years I've only vetoed ONE trade due to drunken collusion/dumping that both owners admitted to.

In my one league that allows trades: No voting, no commish approvals, trades effective immediately. However, if a trade smells fishy the commish at his discretion can bring it up to the rest of the league w/in 24 hours (has never happened in the 5 years of this league's existence). We only care that there's no collusion. We don't try to run other owners' teams.

No trade should ever be vetoed unless obvious provable collusion exists. I don't play in leagues where other members have the power to vote down a trade. I've been doing FF for 20+ years, been commishing my local for 10 years and have commished numerous other leagues at one time or another. In all those years I've only vetoed ONE trade due to drunken collusion/dumping that both owners admitted to.

Please PM me their names.

+1

except I have run my league for 18 years and have never vetoed a trade. People pay for there team and if they feel the trade improves their team, who am I to tell them they are wrong. Trades don't have to look fair, they just have to include owners that feel they are improving their teams.

Defenitly should never veto if it's even remotely reasonable, but you can't allow someone to dump thier team just to get thier favorite player. It was a baseball league, but in football terms, someone wanted to trade AP, CJ, AJ and Dallas Clark for Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams because "i like the Dolphins" and "Im not gonna make the playoffs anyway". Obviously in football, this team is awesome. In baseball everyone has a few studs because you have 2wice as many spots.

We vetoed this trade, and i won the league. I can say with almost 100% certainty i would'nt have won if we allowed that trade through. You simply can't allow some to gift wrapp a championship to someone because they just want thier favorite player. You might argue its not fair to the 2 people in the trade, but its more unjust to the other 12 people in the league trying to win fairly.

My current league -- the commish approves trades and haven't seen a veto. I assume they would bring shady deals up to the managers, but everyone plays fair.

In one of my prior leagues -- every trade needed majority approval by the managers (no response within 24 hrs equaled approval). The commish didn't want to be responsible for the decisions. We saw one guy try to give away a stud RB two years ago because he was out of contention. This was the only trade I ever saw get vetoed because it was extremely obvious to everyone that the trade only helped the winning team. Scumbag move.