[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Turner, Foster or Best

Eagle2003

Turner and Foster, I don't see Best doing much against Minnesota's big-time run D

IMO Minny's D isn't what it was last year. Best is a BEAST in both the run and passing game. I have Turner and am concerned he will not get the carries he would normally due to the groin injury.

I'd start Foster and Best.

I have the same problem except insert MJD for Turner. I am opting for Foster and Best in that scenario. Because although I SHOULD start MJD, I dont WANT to start MJD.

Why? Because he is not performing and the other two are. And I am not going to make MJD prove anything - he has no idea I drafted him, or that I am contemplating his start status. And the only reason any of us probably drafted him as high as we did is because the first four backs were already gone. Was he anybody's #1 or #2? Probably, but not very many of us.

Getting back to your issue. Another way of looking at it is whether or not you think Turner will drastically outperform your other two options. We can't predict a monster day, but we can speculate on performance. Unlikely Foster will get shut down, and unlikely Turner will drastically outperform him, if outperform at all. Best is hot hand, we're worried about MN Def and DET's historical woes. But as with stocks, let's not rely solely on history. DET is divisional opponent, and is HUNGRY. However, we're still worrying Best will get shut down. None of the experts are predicting that, and I personally don't think it will happen either.

I am more worried about Turner not being 100% and having reduced opportunities. Therefore my decision is based on two backs who have been consistent over the first two weeks and have no current injury concerns.

Of course I could be, and likely am, 100% wrong in my analysis and you should clone Turner and play him in both slots.