[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To keep or not to keep

abishagenaden

Non-PPR, 16-team keeper league. Bonuses for long TDs.

I have the option to keep one of these players, but I must decide this week. I lose my last pick in next year's draft, and I cannot trade/drop this player all of next year regardless of what happens to him (i.e. IR/retirement/death/etc.). None of these look like slam-dunks, meaning contributing value for the rest of this season and also reasonably certain to be entrenched as a starter next year, except for maybe Daniels, so I appreciate your input.

Who do I go with, if anyone, and why?

Max Hall

Colt McCoy

Matt Moore

Mike Tolbert

Keiland Williams

Anthony Armstrong

Jason Avant

Stephen Williams

Dexter McCluster

David Gettis

Owen Daniels

Rob Gronkowski

SF Def

I think McCoy is pretty well entrenched at this point, but I would look at McCluster or Gettis instead. I am very intrigued by Gettis after his monster breakout week last Sunday. McCluster could turn into a Sproles... the occassional big play but just never gets enough touches to start.

I'd take a swing at the fences and keep Gettis. He has the upside to be a good one. One week hardly means we should crown his azz, but I would list my choices this way:

Gettis

McCoy

McCluster

Daniels

I think McCoy is pretty well entrenched at this point, but I would look at McCluster or Gettis instead. I am very intrigued by Gettis after his monster breakout week last Sunday. McCluster could turn into a Sproles... the occassional big play but just never gets enough touches to start.

I'd take a swing at the fences and keep Gettis. He has the upside to be a good one. One week hardly means we should crown his azz, but I would list my choices this way:

Gettis

McCoy

McCluster

Daniels

Thanks, guys. I keep swinging back and forth between keeping and not keeping. It sucks to tie up a roster spot on someone who won't be a sure thing so I gotta be extra careful here.

Any Chiefs homers know the word on McCluster? I'd be more enthusiastic about him if we got PPR but we don't. Which position is he destined to lock up (if at all) -- i.e. split end, flanker, slot, etc.?

For that matter, anyone know what the outlook for Daniels is next year? I assume the Texans are keeping him around and there's not any competition behind him?