[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Philly/South NJ/NY

Akfatha

Heading to this area for a few days, wondering if anyone familiar can recommend good places to visit, family friendly places, kid friendly places, awesome eateries, things of that sort in the area. I've been told the best cheesesteak is pats or genos in philly, and to go to philly pretzel factory

Heading to this area for a few days, wondering if anyone familiar can recommend good places to visit, family friendly places, kid friendly places, awesome eateries, things of that sort in the area. I've been told the best cheesesteak is pats or genos in philly, and to go to philly pretzel factory

Some Nice places in Jersey, from what I hear. Downtown Trenton is supposed to be AWESOME!!!

Most locals will tell you Pat's and Geno's are overrated. Tony Luke's and Pudge's are my favorites. Not saying Pat's and Geno's make a bad cheesesteak, there's just no reason to wait in line for 30 minutes when other places are just as good if not better.

Another popular place is Chickie's & Pete's. Good cheap menu, huge beer list and TVs everywhere for watching the games.

My favorite cheesesteak in Philly is from Abners 38th & Chestnut (3813 Chestnut Street) but there are a bunch more places that are as good and even better than Pats and Genos (of the two I prefer Pats by a ton).

Some Nice places in Jersey, from what I hear. Downtown Trenton is supposed to be AWESOME!!!

That just isn't right.

Most locals will tell you Pat's and Geno's are overrated. Tony Luke's and Pudge's are my favorites. Not saying Pat's and Geno's make a bad cheesesteak, there's just no reason to wait in line for 30 minutes when other places are just as good if not better.

Another popular place is Chickie's & Pete's. Good cheap menu, huge beer list and TVs everywhere for watching the games.

I have had many a Tony Luke's but I kinda see them in the same overrated group with Pats & Genos

Where exactly are you going to be in Philly/SoJersey? Big diff on where and what to recommend.

Depending on age of kids there is Sesame Place which is about 30-40mins north of the city

In the City two of my favorite restaurants are POD and Buddakan but there are many many great restaurants in Philly and surrounding area

har har, i guess? next time skip the thread? :wacko:

My apologies. At least I didn't recommend Camden.

I also just can't resist hopping into a post that references Philly, S. NJ, and NY... THe only way you could have made it any worse would have been with the inclusion of Cleveland.

I do sincerely hope you have fun and do not get hit by a stray bullet.

You do know Atlanta's homicide rate is currently higher than Philly's.....don't you?

In regard to the original poster, there are tons of places to get a great steak. Pat's/Genos are the most recognizable, and while the quality of the steak has been surpassed in recent years by other shops, its still pretty cool to get one from either place and soak in some history. Tons of pictures of stars getting a sandwhich, authentic neighborhood, plenty of movies shot around the area. But for a great sandwhich AND a cool spot, try Jim's on 4th & South. Very eclectic part of the city, lots of bars/shopping, and a terrific sandwhich right on South Street.

Some things to hit: Penns Landing, Independence Mall, Please Touch Museum & Franklin Institute, Camden Aquarium, Philly Zoo (one of the best in the nation, IMO), Atlantic City for a day of gambling/boardwalk for the kids (60 minute drive), walking/drinking/eating tour of Olde City. Way too many restaurants to mention in the area.

PM if you need some help with anything.

Have fun!

You do know Atlanta's homicide rate is currently higher than Philly's.....don't you?

Yes and it has been for many years. Now, NJ, we ain't got nothin on a good bit of NJ.

My apologies. At least I didn't recommend Camden.

I also just can't resist hopping into a post that references Philly, S. NJ, and NY... THe only way you could have made it any worse would have been with the inclusion of Cleveland.

made it worse? im visiting family. im sorry you hate the areas.

to all others, ThaNKS and its actually a blast. :wacko:

made it worse? im visiting family. im sorry you hate the areas.

to all others, ThaNKS and its actually a blast. :tup:

:wacko:

Well, at least you had the sense to move to houston. :tup: